Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I recently ordered the Scorpion HD skid plate from Gofasters. I haven't received it yet as its only been a few days. I was asked for the model year of my bike so I would assume mine will be complete with new fasteners. I will let you all know what I think after the install.

I did not hesitate to buy the Scorpion plate as I have experience with their products on my wifes Yamaha Wr 250. I installed the heavy duty skid plate and the radiator frames and they have been bomb proof. A great value for the durability.
She is not a pro at lofting the front end so she tends to plow into logs and obstacles with the WR skid and it has held up outstanding. The rad frames have been tested. She is not strong so when the bike is getting away from her it hits the ground with authority. The rads look as good as the day we brought the bike home. The plastic shrouds on the other hand don't look so good. That is probably the only real draw back to the frames is they are burly thick which adds some girth and gets the shrouds sticking out a bit more.The Gas Gas versions look as if they won't really make the shrouds stick out much more, if at all as there design is different for mounting the shrouds on them than the Yamaha versions.

I did not order the Scorpion Gas Gas radiator frames for my e start as I was worried about removal of the e start for maintenance as the scorpion frames hang down and back a bit.It's probably a non issue, but I was unconfident so I went a different route. Added a pic of e start and link to show my concern.

Can't wait to get my skid and put it on.

Roscoe

Scorpion Radiator frames pics.
http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 PM

I have an aluminium Force bashplate which is made here in Australia.
They do the earlier and newer models.
Fits my 2010 EURO like a dream and one bolt removal makes cleaning dead easy.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Finally got around to installing my Scorpion racing skid plate. It was the one with the updated hardware for the 2010 -2011 bikes and went right on in under a half hour including lock tight and installing the protective foam. No cutting or modding, bolted right up. Oil and crank case drain holes lined up nicely. No chance of your toe or brake pedal sticking on it like some others I"ve owned, it's a great design.

This is certainly the stoutest Gas Gas skid plate Ive ever owned, and I have owned a few different brands over the years. It just screams quality and is made to stay put with the four bolt design and the plastic insulators to lock it between the four frame rails. Get one I don't think you Will be disappointed.

Also I stopped my order on my Enduro Engineering rad guards and will be installing a set of scorpion Racing radiator frames in the near future. I will let you all know how they fit on my e start after install.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:30 PM

I recently bolted up a Scorpion Racing HD skid plate purchased from Gnarly parts, on my 2010 EC300. Installed easy with no fitment issues - and the thing looks stout. Also installed the Scorpion rad frames. Other than a little trimming on the bottom of the rad louvres these too bolted up without issue.

Scorpion's products seem well engineered and super tough - I'm impressed.

Some pics of the Scorpion rad frame:

Last edited by JP4; 01-31-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: New Pics