Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Fire at the factory!

I have no more info, but this is bad News.
http://www.enduromagazine.com/un-inc...brica-gas-gas/

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc

Old 05-05-2018, 02:35 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

SOMeone here also mentioned it but I couldn’t find anything on google
Old 05-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

That's less than ideal.
Hopefully recoverable soon.
Google bubble probably won't direct us to Spanish speaking sites.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:15 PM

Not good but I saw on twitter that they said the fire has only affected 5% of the plant and has not affected the production line. The manufacturing, engine and office lines are still fully operational.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduroger View Post
Not good but I saw on twitter that they said the fire has only affected 5% of the plant and has not affected the production line. The manufacturing, engine and office lines are still fully operational.

Was anybody hurt?

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 05-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
Was anybody hurt?
Haven't found any info about that. Can't find much info other than on their twitter. https://twitter.com/gasgasmotos
Old 05-05-2018, 06:55 PM

It happened in the middle of the night so there were no injuries.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Administrator

You can search on spain google website at www.google.es by entering "gasgas incendio" in the search field.

This brings up a lot - latest news I found is translated here :

------------------
A fire burns part of the Gas Gas factory in Salt

MAY 5 2018

The company claims that the flames have not affected the structure of the building or the production lines

Firefighters have declared the fire extinguished around five in the afternoon

Scare at the Gas Gas motorcycle factory located in the Torremirona industrial estate of Salt (Giron?s), after a spectacular fire broke out around five in the morning inside the ship. The fire, whose origin has not yet been determined although it is aimed at a short electrical circuit, has affected the northern part of the ship and has caused some beam to fall from the deck, in addition to causing a great black smoke - due to the combustion of tires and other fuels- that has spread over the 10,000 square meters of construction, thus making it more difficult to extinguish. Proof of this are the fifteen crews of firefighters who have moved to the place to try to put down the fire and as explained by the sub-inspector of Fire of the Generalitat, Enrique Cano, at first they have faced both a dense smoke and at very high temperatures. "Later it was possible to access the roof and open skylights, and once the temperature dropped and with less smoke it was possible to enter the ship and make an offensive extinction," said Cano. Finally and after several hours of extinction work, firefighters have declared the fire extinguished around five in the afternoon and have reported that the most affected areas have been a warehouse and the space dedicated to the expeditions. In that sense, the subinspector has been "surprised" because despite the appalling fire, which has not caused injuries and has not affected the adjacent ships, "you can save enough material," such as motorcycles, spare parts and machinery. While for its part, the owner of Torrot Grup-Gas Gas, Ivan Contreras, has called for calm both workers and customers, and has assured that the fire, which has burned only 5% of the plant- It has affected the structure of the building or the production lines and the order delivery area. "On Monday we will all be here to continue working, now we have to see how we do to paint, clean and leave the plant as beautiful as before," said Contreras who has also guaranteed that the fire "will not affect the production or deliveries since a good part are already done ". Recall that the company Gas Gas, a historic manufacturer of trial and enduro motorcycles founded in Girona suffered a deep crisis about five years ago, forcing to join in 2015 with Torrot Electric Europe's mataronense dedicated to the manufacture of electric motorcycles, after this offered an offer of 9.66 million euros and the commitment to maintain the 55 jobs of the 85 that had then the company already in liquidation. Since then, the motorcycle manufacturer has increased its workforce (to 150 workers) and has managed to export 90% of its production. Especially, the MUVI, an electric scooter with innovative interconnectivity systems of which 15,000 units were manufactured during 2017. In this sense Contreras recalled that two years ago the management of the Gas Gas factory was assumed, "that it was closed and made a chrome", and that since then "the task we have done to lift it, we will continue it and we will do it more strong"

-------------

Jeff
Old 05-07-2018, 06:28 PM

Or google ?Gas Gas Fire? in English to get ?Merica words:

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-ge...s-factory-fire
Old 05-08-2018, 12:14 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I guess the Phoenix has started laying eggs