Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 AM

Default Rekluse Clutch

I am planning on putting my rekluse clutch in for this weekends enduro. Does anyone have one installed on their GG? I would like to know what set up you used.(spring/spacer/shims) I had the set up in my head for low rpm engagemant with a hard lock and have forgot what it was. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Billy

Old 03-11-2008, 08:44 AM

There is a setup in the Tech Articles Forum that might help.

Also Jim Cook (don't know his screen name) worked with Rekluse to develop the GG clutch. He's around here and I suggest you contact him for setup info.

EDIT: Jim Cook is screen name as well

Can't wait to hear how it works in the 200!

Skidad in MA
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Here are some more recent discussions regarding Rekluse set-up. They differ slightly from the Tech article. I've gone to these "newer" settings whth much success. http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/...hlight=rekluse
Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM

Thanks everyone! That Smackover site was just what I was looking for. I 'll let you know how it goes next week.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 PM

I recommend setting your install gap at the lower end of the range...and no larger than the mid-point. Once everything settles in after install, your install gap tends to loosen a slight bit.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Well I installed the clutch with the help of the Rekluse guys. It was perfect and boy did I miss having it in. My set up was 5 T/C's, soft spring and one washer. It worked great and definately allows me to ride faster!

Thanks to everyone and especially the TEAM REKLUSE GUYS! They not only helped put it in at 6:00PM Saturdat night, they rechecked it at 6:30pm and then again after the National. Now that's service! Oh and by the way they installed somewhere like 10-12 clutches at the National. Great product and great company. IMO