Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Default busted radiator shroud

i just broke the throttle side radiaor shroud on my brand new 2009 ec300 six day anyone have any suggestions for cross over plasitic, or a retailer with resonable prices on oem, because the ones i have seen are just crazy expensive. thanks

Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
i just broke the throttle side radiaor shroud on my brand new 2009 ec300 six day anyone have any suggestions for cross over plasitic, or a retailer with resonable prices on oem, because the ones i have seen are just crazy expensive. thanks
Kevin: Plastic prices are usually high for six months or so after a model or color is introduced, and then drop to decent levels. You need to know whether the prices you've been quoted include graphics, because those are sky-high.

For reference though, you can get a naked 2010 radiator shroud for something on the order of $16-20.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Plastics vs Graphics

The plastics pricing has ALWAYS been an issue and yet probably mostly misunderstood as well. Ordering GG plastics with the sticker already applied is very high and it is something we are trying to work on. Problems in the last 5 years has been price points versus quantity ordered. Its been tough for me to ask Spain to please lower the price on certain things when we don't order enough mass quantities. This is changing slowly and should get better as more n more bikes are selling.

HOWEVER, GasGas pricing for "bare" or non stickered plastics is completely in line with the other European bike company's. Unfortunately, for the first 6 months of a bike line, GasGas doesn't offer "bare" plastic replacements. We received the first load of bare plastics the first part of December and waiting on one more large order coming on Clay's next boat shipment.

In all my "price checking" on parts versus other company's and the other product we sell here to our retailers...the prices are give n take, some high, some low...it all works out in the end.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Default plastic

Try Lewisport out in califonia he has good pricing on plastic and he can do graphics as well. Ask for Adrian he is the owner
2008 250 xc KTM
2007 200 xc KTM
To many KTM's to list
1983 175 IT Yamaha
1995 200 KDX Kawasaki
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Do you have a Phone # or a link?

I'm trying to get the black & white six days graphics copied (or something similar to them so as to not violate copyright) for my Shrouds .Mine got busted on vines & trees rocks & you name it.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com