Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 12-17-2012, 06:33 PM

Default 2013 EC300R lowering kit anyone?

Help,
My 2007 EC300 was easy to lower with longer links, but the 2013 rear linkage is somewhat different. At 5'6" I need to lower it as I can't plant a foot without sliding sideways off the seat. I have set the rear preload to get 35mm static and about 90mm loaded sag. I have dropped the front by 6mm too. I weigh 75kg so on the lighter end of the stock spring according to the manual, so I guess i need to drop it some more.
Does anyone know if a kit exists yet or should I start looking to make a longer link myself.

Cheers in advance

Skids

Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM

scorpion makes a skid plate/lowering kit. I am almost positive they make one for the 13
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Thanks Nick, will check them out.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
Help,
My 2007 EC300 was easy to lower with longer links, but the 2013 rear linkage is somewhat different. At 5'6" I need to lower it as I can't plant a foot without sliding sideways off the seat. I have set the rear preload to get 35mm static and about 90mm loaded sag. I have dropped the front by 6mm too. I weigh 75kg so on the lighter end of the stock spring according to the manual, so I guess i need to drop it some more.
Does anyone know if a kit exists yet or should I start looking to make a longer link myself.

Cheers in advance

Skids
Hi skids,
You are about the same hight and weight as me,
At 35mm static and 90 race sag, (are you standing on the pegs in the riding position kitted up when you measure) it sounds like the rear spring is a bit stiff,
I found 35/105 to work well,
If you had a slightly softer spring you would be 15mm closer to the ground to start with, This would be a start,

v-tec
Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Have a look here,it may help you,

www.drshox.co.uk

Chris hockey, He has a very good name.

V-tec
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Thanks V-tec, will try to soften the spring a bit more. I was afraid I was going too soft. Yes race sag is kitted and on pegs.
Thanks for the link too. I was wondering if chopping the STD for an easier spring would work. I have been going by the manual for rider weight and as you know we are on the limit for STD.

Skids
Old 12-19-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
Thanks V-tec, will try to soften the spring a bit more. I was afraid I was going too soft. Yes race sag is kitted and on pegs.
Thanks for the link too. I was wondering if chopping the STD for an easier spring would work. I have been going by the manual for rider weight and as you know we are on the limit for STD.

Skids
skids, Dont go mad with the links, it will feck up the whole handleing, and change the lever ratio for the shock, ( You know, long spanner, short spanner thing)
Maybe get some time on the bike, and it will settle a bit, if you drop the rear without front end adjustment in will turn like a pig ( or not)

V-tec
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Shame the seat cant be cut out but the 12/13 are so thin anyway,(What a bummer)

v-tec
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I am also the same weight and height. I can't speak for an'13, but on my 07 I am running a .48 spring in the rear. This is set up for a sag of around 30/105. It works really well for me. On the 07, this .48 rear seems to balance the stock front springs nicely - I believe they were mismatched with stock rear (.52). I'm not sure if the same would apply to the '13. Front/rear matching is pretty important.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
I am also the same weight and height. I can't speak for an'13, but on my 07 I am running a .48 spring in the rear. This is set up for a sag of around 30/105. It works really well for me. On the 07, this .48 rear seems to balance the stock front springs nicely - I believe they were mismatched with stock rear (.52). I'm not sure if the same would apply to the '13. Front/rear matching is pretty important.
Those 07's were one of the best ec's , also they were what we call a 7/8th size bike, right upto the 2011's , Now gasers are full sized, bad luck for us short guys.
Sounds like you have your 07 sorted

The 2013 250f that we get here is still based on the 11 frame, with a nice thick seat that could be sliced down as well.

V-tec