Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 06-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Who does your suspension?

Hi, new to forum here. I recently bought an '01 EC 200 with the WP forks/Ohlins shock. I am relocating to East Tennessee (knoxville) and just got back from a ride there. My suspension, esp. the forks is brutal! I took it to a respected mechanic who adjusted the rear sag, which made a HUGE difference but the forks are still harsh on these bumps and rocks, rocks rocks! He suggested replacing the fork oil b/c it's probably worn out. So I guess I might as well get a revalve and replace the seals, too??? So who do you guys recommend for this work? Anybody ride near E. TN? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Try doing the forks yourself. There is a ton of information on the WP forks at ktmtalk. Also, the WP manual is available online and you don't need any special tools for a basic overhaul.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 PM

i had Dicks racing set mine up it works great for anything i through at it soft over little stuff but i cant get it to bottom. Check out his website for more info im sure he could set you up with an east coast setting he has tons of race experience.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

LT-Racing.

jeff

p.s. Sorry for the shameless plug for my best friend - couldn't help myself.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 PM

I suspect that you are riding at Coal Creek just north of Knoxville?? The trails are awesome if you like gnarly rocky terrain. Do yourself a HUGE favor and contact Bruce Triplett @ Brucessuspension.com and ask about his terrain tamer setup!!!!!!!! Bruce knows those trails very well and can make the suspension work for that type terrain better than anyone you will find. The WP forks are magic with his setup. Bruce did my old 2001 GasGas front and rear and to this date I have not by far found a better setup for that type of terrain. My bike would glide over the rocks like a magic carpet. Unfortunately the setup will not work for the Marzocchi's. Keep in mind there is always a trade off. With this setup it can work well in whooped out terrain but you will need to take a few hours to dial it in for those whooped out Florida rides. Good Luck

Dave A.
2005 GasGas 300 - waiting to see what 2008 brings us!
Master A
Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 PM

Thumbs up

LTR. Just got my '07 suspension back and on the bike. Very good service, support, and a great guy to deal with.