Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyle11 View Post
This looks to be the same thing. Check the details in the posting, toward the bottom of the listing. Shows all the dimensions, so you can make sure it fits your bike. Apparetnly they use these with trailers, gus struts, air cyclinders etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Spring-S...03b3c4&vxp=mtr

In ebay, I searched under M8 Clevis.
thanks.. mine on my 01 is way loose.that looks like a great fix

Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 PM

I love this place!! mmm fiddling
Old 06-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Default First long ride with the new clevis and bushing

I have to say it performed awesome. I stuggled all last year with what I thought was a poor rear braking system for Gas Gas, but I knew I couldn't blame GG, the system is nearly identical to my KDX that locks the rear with barely a touch. It was definitly the combination of the pedal bushing and the clevis slop. I added safety wire to the clevis pin as suggested here and all is well after 9 hours in the Badlands park in Indiana... well... all except my knee, some missing skin from the forearms, and my left side cover. I swear I can not keep plastic on these things.

I am very happy with the clevis/bushing fix so far. I highly recommend it.

Happy trails!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2073.jpg (113.0 KB, 129 views)
Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 PM

Default clevis and bushing

Hi all,
I got the new clevis and bushing. Installed the clevis no problem. Just that alone eliminated almost all the play. My problem was the bushing. How does the old bushing come off? I didn't want to just try to yank it off with vise grips and ruin it. I took the new piece and tried to fit it into my brake pedal and it was TIGHT. I didn't want to force it and get it stuck half way. The bike is a 1998 300ec.
Thanks
Schlitzy
Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM

The pedal bushing shouldnt be "attached" if you will unless it has corroded or otherwise stuck to the frame. The short end fits into the bracket that is welded onto the frame, I suppose it could become "stuck" here. Tap it and see if it pops off.

The long end of the bushing goes into the pedal and the fitment here was pretty tight for mine to, but after first ride everything is good. My bike is a 2001, so I am assuming it is similiar to the 98.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitzy View Post
Hi all,
I took the new piece and tried to fit it into my brake pedal and it was TIGHT. I didn't want to force it and get it stuck half way. The bike is a 1998 300ec.
if i remember correctly 99 and earlier is totally different from the newer ones..

anyways, finally got around to installing the new clevis, HUGE improvement. just remember to ride it/adjust it a bit before you safety wire it. the pedal feel is totally different, so it takes some tweaking - you'll most likely lower your pedal height since it locks up so easy. in fact it locks up well enough that i can clearly hear the clunk of a bad rear wheel bearing i've been meaning to change.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 PM

Glad to have found this thread. I spent way too much time over the winter taking all of the slop out of my rear brake. For starters the threads on the clevis were completely gone so it just sliding on the threads. I couldn't buy a new clevis from GG apparently it is part of the entire rear m/c assy?? Crazy. The guy from GF Powersports sent me a neat little anodized clevis;forget who makes it, I think it is actually for a Honda. The problem was the steel pin it came with was way smaller than the hole in the brake pedal. The hole in the brake pedal was also now egg shaped(pin would have been too small even if the pedal was new). I machined this hole out so it was round again and had to machine a brass bushing to fit with the new smaller pin. I also changed the "rear brake bushing", not sure why this is called the bushing as there is also a very thin bushing that gets pressed into the brake pedal, seems more like a bushing. I replaced this part as well... Will probably last for the season, maybe. I will try some of these mods next winter.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I dug up this thread b/c my back brake needs to be de-slopped. I didn't think to mike the rod before I came to work, & it'd be nice to order the parts while I'm here.

So, does anybody know what size an '07 would take? Thanks, & thanks to the OP for doing the R & D on the fix & sharing it with the rest of us. this thread might make a good sticky....
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Site Sponsor

i used ebay #221117269872 on my 07. works perfectly.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

perfect, thanks very much!

Tags
brake, bushing, celvis, clevis, pedal, rear