Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default dB Snorkel update

I purchased a dB Snorkel here on the forum (thanks Cruiser). I had the opportunity to test it out today. My brother in law and I went for a ride on a stealth mandated hiking trail today. (Indeed it's open to motorized, so no flaming me here.) The Snorkel is interesting; at idle it seems to sound the same, if not have an added interesting barritone resonance to it. Under way at low rpm with open throttle, the resonance is still there (not loud), but seemingly not much quieter than without. When it's really fun is when you start to get the rpms up though. It seems much quieter when revving, and when trailing throttle, it's nicely quiet too. I noticed while riding that I heard mechanical sounds that I was not accustomed to hearing, like the click of the folding tip on the shift lever, and what I thought might be the water pump. I found myself listening to the new sounds I was hearing trying to identify them.

It's kind of funny, because the snorkel doesn't seem to be quieter at first, but when you ride it in the rpm you (or, at least I am) are accustomed to riding at it's quieter. I am anxious to test it with a sound meter. I'm also anxious to put it on my stock Gas Gas silencer, which was tested at 88 db at a closed course race.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs