Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
You must have bought the industrial sized, body dip container...
I picked mine up from my local drug store (I think Walmart has it too) for about $15 for the 4oz. container/little tub. A little pricey but lasts a long time and works great for me. Just scoop up a gob of it and apply to any sore area.

Not recommended for monkey butt
Traitor what in the world are you talking about? I was talking about the Gluco pills.

Nice Glenn! I wonder if my wife would by that our dog's need a new Gas Gas?

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM

I don't think I'd let my dog ride. He has already racked up 2 ortho surgeries doing normal dog stuff. When he was young he was faster than me in the woods anyway.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:39 PM

First post here!

Magnesium supplements (upon the advice of my chiropractor) completely cured morningtime stiffness in the legs, knees, and feet within two days of starting the pills. I could barely walk when I first woke up, now no prob.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 PM

I find that some ibuprofen before a ride really helps. Also, bike setup is crucial. I have a Guts Racing tall seat. IMS low pegs and some homemade bar risers. These really help me.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Has anyone here ever had a problem with Patella Tendonitus? I have to kneel at work alot (Carpenter) As well as climb, run up and down countless stairs. After almost 6 months of Physio I'm getting a little frustrated. After riding in the fall, I could hardly walk. Same when I get home from work. If anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appretiated. It's alot more fun racing with the daughter than watching. Altough I'm happy to do the latter.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM

Ok, I'm not joking here, but my doc gave me a tub of blue ointment that they use on horses when they sprain their joints. Maybe its the same stuff?

Now I just by it from the local horse doctor! Its cheap! I take a tub and they scoop it in. He makes it himself, but says they use it worldwide.

Works a treat!

Bit worried about the tail though...
Old 05-23-2009, 04:30 PM

For those of you who have osteoarthritis that has made your knees too painful for pill therepy see your orthopedic doc and ask about Halyuronic Acid shots. This is called viscosupplementation therepy and involved a series of injections directly into the affected knee.
The shots are quite painful, but they have extended my ability to ride and delayed the eventual knee replacement surgery that may spell the end of my riding days. When that happens I'll have to graduate down to a side-by-side.
See http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000801/565.html