Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM

Default fuel relay

OK got my 400 running nicely after doing the valve shims, but it didnt cure the occasional stalling (prob optimistic anyway!) and now its stalled seriously - it wont start at all! the fuel pump isnt priming, Ive checked the relay and it is working, there is power to the pump feed but the relay isn't being switched, I guess the Ecu primes the pump then switches it off until the engine is running or is there a fuel pressure switch in the pump to switch it off when its up to pressure?

Damn electrics! The relays work on the bench and I have taken the cover off so I can manually switch it. If i switch it on the pump runs but doesnt switch off, its supposed to do so when it gets to pressure, so I seem to have two problems, one lack of pressure and two lack of relay activation. Ive checked the obvious connections and kill switch but no joy so far, may just have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.

Dan

Last edited by Devondan; 09-19-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Update: Bike now running fine. The ECU was full of error codes and shut down un necessary functions ie the engine! The shop cleared the computer and remapped it, she's running and starting much better now! The dealer recommends having the bike plugged into a proper GG computer once a year to keep it running sweet. Something I'd recommend

Dan
Old 10-08-2009, 07:06 PM

All those problems from just error codes? Wow. What year is your bike? I work with the trucking industry. About 10 years ago one brand of engine we used would sometimes shut down and not restart with the check engine light on. The easy cure was to disconnect the battery cables for about 30 seconds then reconnect and it would start right up (let the "bad" electrodes out, the good ones in.. ha-ha!)

I'm also curious where are you at, as in the US or Europe? I want to get one of these bike one day (used) so am trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 10-10-2009, 03:34 AM

These damn electronics are a real pain. It seems there are no standards that are followed as every manufacturer wants to keep stuff proprietary so they retain control. I have been going through hell on a commercial van because of complex diesel management systems.

We should be able to get a standard instrument and plug it into any vehicle, read standard fault codes, clear them and adjust the setup parameters. I even think they should make the fuelling maps writeable because people find ways round them anyway.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:12 PM

Its a 2002 FSE 400, I'm in the UK. All I know is that is what the dealer told me and the fix was cheap so I believe him! I tried un plugging the battery but no joy. I used to have an Alfa Romeo, that used to do weird things with the ECU incl limp home mode!

Dan