Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 PM

Default Getting ready for a new gasser

I'm selling my trusty 2003 250EC with hopes to replace it with a 2010 model. I'm probably going to stick with the 250 as I've had two of them and really like the power. My big question is whats is the differences between the USA version EC, Six Days and Racing Versions. I'm leaning toward the Racing due to the marzocchi fork and ohlins shock (at least that's what the main gasgas page says they come with) Can nybody give me some info on these three and what the main differences are between the three. Thanks.

PB

Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 AM

Other than the plastics/stickers i cant spot any difference between the Ec and the 6 days, the racing has a few bits, different sachs fork, ohlins shock, racing CDI/brakes and weight saving things. I assume you have the factory web link to look to see if you can see any differences between the Ec and six days, 'cos after a quick look i couldnt see any

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/enduro.html

Andy
Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 AM

Six Days has the Galfer wave rotors and the FMF silencer.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 AM

It's very confusing every year it seems. I would call Go Fasters and talk with Mark or Steve and get the full lowdown on what is actually going to be available and the differences or each. Make a list for each bike and the differences and make a choice.

I can tell you no Marzocchi forks are on the bikes now and the Racing version is STIFF and will need to be revalved unless your AA type material. Not even sure the Racing gets an Ohlins shock either. Probably a Sachs The Six Day models have pretty much been a graphics package the last few years (sweet looking though) over the std EC models. All US bikes get FMF pipes (a good one) and silencers.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 AM

I'm pretty sure here in the UK the marzocchi forks are back for '10 on all ec's, at least when i made inquiries into a new bike thats what my dealer told me...........
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainslow View Post
I'm pretty sure here in the UK the marzocchi forks are back for '10 on all ec's, at least when i made inquiries into a new bike thats what my dealer told me...........
Looks like the 125/200 get the 45mm Marzocchi forks, 250 four stroke gets 45mm Sachs everything else gets 48mm Sachs.

Also looks like the Racing does in fact get the Ohlins shock.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/enduro.html

Wish they would just put on 50mm Marzocchi (open or closed chamber) forks and Ohlins shocks. Dump the Sachs stuff.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

They have 2010 model here in the USA? When did that happen?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrider View Post
There are limited numbers on the ground now, but the second shipment should hit shore Monday.

How do I know that? 'Cuz I've been tracking the ship! PM me if you're in the Midwest and we'll talk turkey on the new bikes.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrider View Post
The dealer in Maryville, TN has a 2010 250 4stroke Gasser but he can't sell it because GasGas has yet to supply a muffler for it. He seemed to be really pissed at GasGas yesterday because a 300 e start buyer had just canceled his order after being informed that the electric start [B]will not[B] make it to the 2010 models. The fellow bought a KTM instead. 2011 KTMs will be on the show room floors by July at the latest - anyone want to bet that there will be more than a handful of 2010 gassers in the country before then? GasGas will never make any inroads into the American market if they continue to deliver current technology models to show room floors 9-10 months after KTM. They might well do it with some thing radically different (aka 2009 Husabergs) but not with a bike that is this close to its competition.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM

I'm sorry if my previous post sounded like sour grapes but my loyalty also extends to the good dealers and importer of these fine bikes and I feel they are hurting a lot right now.