Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Quieter Silencer
Yes I would like a quieter silencer 33 86.84%
No I am not interested 0 0%
I am happy the way it is 2 5.26%
It should become standard equipment 12 31.58%
It should be an available option 3 7.89%
I would be willing to pay a little more 5 13.16%
Not interested if it costs more 1 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 PM

I think the Hyde helps with the pipe noise. I let a guy try my bike a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't hear it at all after he was down the trail for 30 s. I have the stock GG OEM silencer, which is reasonably quiet. Two stroke sound is lost in the woods a lot faster than a four stroke. I just stay off the gas if I'm in a sensitive area in sight of houses, its quieter than you think.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
I added the db snorkel to my FMF turbine core 2. It makes almost no difference in sound at an idle, but while riding it's super quiet. Others riding with me notice how quiet it is. However, now I notice how much mechanical noise my engine makes. It sort of drives me nuts. I'm going to do a top end to see if that's loose, and I'm thinking of doing crank bearings just because. My bike has 200 miles on it, so that may be a little premature, but I'm just thinking.
I used to drive a drag race car. Some tracks required mufflers to appease local home owners. The 1st time guys could hear the mechanical noises made by their engines and chassis it usually scared the crap out of them. Race engines have bigger clearances and therefore rattle like a worn out cotton gin.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
i have read somewhere that it is possible that you can wrap some old inner tube around the expansion chamber, wich i did, but i can't really tell how much difference there is.i never got it tested for DB
I had a KX250 that I experimented on as you describe. I had an Answer sneaker silencer on it which was a quiet silencer. I had heard of people wrapping the fat part of the pipe with inner tube and although they reported an improvement in sound output they said they had a persistent rubber smell that was annoying. I wrapped the pipe first with that fiberglass heat wrap that drag racers use. Then I wrapped it with inner tube. I didn't notice any smell and the bike was REALLY quiet. Quietest bike I ever had. The only problem was that it caused the pipe to rust really badly underneath all that wrapping.

You make the call, how bad do you want it to be that quiet?