Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: what style of riding pants do you wear and why?
tuck in the boot 42 70.00%
over the boot 22 36.67%
riding shorts 2 3.33%
blue jeans 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2008, 05:31 PM

you must have nice soft ground in your neck of the woods ... Around here if you go down wearing jeans ... well at least you weren't wearing shorts ... but the jeans aren't going to be much better ... Mother earth will shred those jeans and what ever flesh it can get at underneath them in a hurry. I wear ride specific gear for the protection. I've have personal experience with "riding jeans" and still see the outcome on noobs who haven't gotten around to getting real gear. To each his own .... but I'll spend the extra $$ for the protection.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:27 AM

Down here in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa it gets really hot and humid, and I find the Moose Sahara kit is amazing! Its the coolest and most comfortable kit I have ever worn! Highly recommended!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 AM

Depends on the boot I'm wearing mostly.

Mx pants and boots... tucked. Supermoto pants... If I'm wearing my RR boots out. If MX boots in. Mostly I wear armored textiles.. and always out with those. Except for my summer weight Fieldsheers. They only fit in.

Tony
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM

Summer is in-boot. When wet + cold it's OTB MSR Strike or when sub-freezing it's OTB skipants.

Had a big snagging problem with OTB pants with (probably) funny looking tip-overs untill I had them as loose as possible around the boot, instead of tighter and tighter.

Now, the pant can easily slide up and down the boot when it catches on the pegs and I don't even notice. At the same time the OTB style is a good splash guard against water and mud. I agree on the clean boot thing. Why aren't there O'Mara gaiters? I'd buy them!

Ski pants are very good when cold, the good pockets are super for warming cold hands, but they don't have stretch panels above the knees.

Summer the in-boots to avoid wear, ventilation, lowest weight. Next summer it'll prolly be Sahara-type vented gear.

Talk about being iffy with the gear :-) Before it was just the same pants all year.

Later
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radbuster View Post
Why aren't there O'Mara gaiters? I'd buy them!
I have wondered the same thing. And I would buy them also.

Hummm.... my chance to get rich? Bring back the O' Show gaiters.
Probably not, but I know 2 guys that would wear them. !

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

levi super bell's or if they are in the laundry then the misses jordache from the preggy days!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 AM

I had my jeans get caught on my foot peg as I went to put my foot down at the lights. I held myself at a 45 degree using the window sill of the car next to me. I don't Know who was more worried me or the cars dudes wife
I now do the 70's biker thing with my jeans tucked in with footy socks rolled over the top of the boots. In the bush I've always worn tucked in, never even thought about it till now.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Just bought a set of MSR Max Air pants, probably similiar to Moose Sahara. I've only worn them on two separate afternoon rides, very comfortable. Temp was in the 60's, not too hot or cold. I'll have to see how they fair later on this fall (too much ventilation?). Here in Minnesota I usually end up wearing another layer of "something", long underware, cotton coveralls over everything, used to use snowmobile bibs when I rode on the ice.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 AM

Tuck in. I don't like to keep everything tight to my body when I ride.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Site Sponsor

when it's cold i run the moose exp - over the boot.. nice to keep water and snow out. plus they're waterproof. the closures at the bottom are pretty destroyed from catching on frame guards,pegs, and putting them on over boots....

over 50 degrees or so i wear in the boot. less bulky, not waterproof, but not hot like the moose exp. this year, i contemplated a switch to klim chinook, but found a killer deal on thor core gear, so price won out.