Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2018, 03:59 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I raced this event and ran into David at breakfast Sunday before the race and he came across as just a regular guy who loves racing despite the fact that he is a legend.

He and the GGNA guys conversed with our group for about an hour or so and it was just a group of guys bench racing over coffee (tea for David). I couldn't believe how humble and approachable the guys were. Truly a highlight to an epic weekend.

As to the clutch, I was in all the races other than the final and during one of Sunday races (can't remember which) it looked like the bike took a nasty drop on the left side as the plastics were damaged and the airbox cover was missing.

I knew he was having troubles with the clutch but wasn't sure if it was the controls or the clutch itself but if it was the controls they certainly hit the dirt hard on that side.