Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Expect an official announcement with in a week, but for now I can tell you there is approx. 18 enduro bikes on a container on its way over to the US, they should arrive in dealers hands by mid-december, with another 2 full containers (approx 48 bikes/container) coming in January. These bikes will be 250's and 300's unless otherwise specified by a dealer order.

These bikes will come with the DE version ignition plus the bikes will now have FMF Powercore 2 silencers and a new FMF designed pipe as OEM for the US. They will not come with headlight/taillight but will still have the wiring left in the bikes and you will be able to buy a lighting kit.

Also, expect many more press releases in regards to National support, sales promotions, marketing and information in the months to come.....
Thanks Mark for the insider news! It sounds very good to me, I hope some of those bikes are west coast bound.
Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr View Post
Can somebody get me Dale's number. I just learned our local dealer is going belly up and I'd like to inquire on what this new deal is with Gas-Gas and what the parameters are for setting up a new dealer. It used to be a new dealer had to pay for their first shipment of bikes and flooring wasn't offered till late in the deal.
This was a big deal with a local Honda dealer, "Fun Wheels" of Medford Long Island, that had the gg's for a couple of years, '02 and '03, and sold them all but stopped getting newer one's because of the cost to keep them and support wasn't as strong for them either. I hope that this changes. I know that the support is better, but what about the cost to get them on the floor?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 AM

I guess I don't see how the support is better than it was in '02 and '03. Right now it is mid November and there still is no official announcement on a distributor. I've met Dale and he's seems like a great guy, but very busy already with the trials side. By now I would think that we should see some announcement on his GasGasUSA site about the enduro line.
The GG corporate website still lists Dixie as the US importer! I don't think it is settled on who is handling the parts distribution yet, will Dale do this as well? No official word.
All this is so disgusting, because the bikes are good, and could get even better with a higher sales volume worldwide, allowing more $ to be reinvested into R&D (KTM has done this well, you must admit). I place the blame on GG corporate for this mess, as the distributorship issue has been a problem since late 2001! Now everything is in tatters from a brand promotion standpoint and I think some of us on here are camped out by a river in Egypt about this topic (denial).
We can't help those back at the factory who don't seem to understand the first thing about building up a brand here in the US. Heck, they even have had two good examples to follow and learn from - KTM and GGNA (Don Knight). Brand new 2008's hitting our shores in January? Pathetic.

'13 Beta 300RR - race bike
'02 GG300XC - "Billie Baroo"
'01 DR650
'02 GG 280 Pro
'06 YZ 250
'07 WR450
'00 TT125RL
'94 YZ200 - custom keeper
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM

I would really like to see Gas Gas succeed in the US but I think the bikes are just too expensive. This is especially true given the state of the US dollar. Maybe Corporate Gas Gas just doesn't see enough sales volume to make a big push in the US. What is the MSRP on a 2007 Gas Gas two stroke 250/300 aren't they over $7,000?

I still want a two stroke for next season and a held over 2007 Gas Gas is near the top of my list but Gas Gas needs at least a reliable parts and bikes supply. I don't care about a race team, but we need to know bikes and parts area available.

Greg
Old 11-16-2007, 12:32 PM

The latest price of an '07 was around $6700 MSRP. Dealers wouldn't even take bikes at the initial proposed pricing. Rumor is '08 will be priced competitive. Don't ask me how I just heard a rumor.

If you consider the GG against the lower priced KTM, it looks like a bad deal until you factor in suspension work to make the KTM ride anywhere near the stock GG. Sure most serious guys revalve anyway but its close stock. Husky WR250 is a nice bike but suspension is way off the mark stock as well, and the 5-speed sucks.

Parts have never been a issue and I suspect will be even better. I can get parts for my wife's Pampera from GasGasUSA in days. I was even able to get parts ordered from Dixie in days to completely rebuild an '01 XC125, a rather rare GG in the US.

If you want one, get one. Have you ridden an '07? Easy decision then.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:22 PM

I spoke with someone at Dixie/Iron Mountain yesterday about the Gas Gas situation. He basically said the distributor change was in the works, but hadn't happened yet (obviously). He did say Dixie had 10 or 15 bike still in stock and offered to set me up as a dealer. I've been watching gasgasusa's website for info, but I'm guessing they're waiting on everything to be finalized. I had heard that gofasters was initially going to handle the parts distribution. Don't know if there's any truth to that, just what I heard.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:06 PM

Guys,

$7000 for a bike is nothing, go to Chile or any country in South America will cost you 12,000 usd, don't be chep ang istead of getting your new caddilac or BMW 7 serie, buy a descent bike, japanese are sold expensive and you are still paying the price, try to rebuild a JP will cost you 3 times the rebuild of ny EU bike.

TM are sold for almost 10,000 and that is ouch... , but the bike is very nice, I look forward to buy one, but I can't decide wether a GG EC 250, 300 or TM line 2T and 4T.

Cheers,

Gus
Old 11-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler250 View Post
I spoke with someone at Dixie/Iron Mountain yesterday about the Gas Gas situation. He basically said the distributor change was in the works, but hadn't happened yet (obviously). He did say Dixie had 10 or 15 bike still in stock and offered to set me up as a dealer. I've been watching gasgasusa's website for info, but I'm guessing they're waiting on everything to be finalized. I had heard that gofasters was initially going to handle the parts distribution. Don't know if there's any truth to that, just what I heard.
Do you know what bikes they have? I could be a dealer for one EC300.