Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 07-17-2013, 12:18 PM

Why don't you start a fresh tuning thread for the smart carb jake , your the man when it comes to jetting , that way you don't have to trawl through tons of pages to find all the usefull info .

Old 07-17-2013, 12:39 PM

I agree. 103 pages on this one.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Will do. My clicker assembly also showed some signs of wear similar to yours, and behaves in the same way that if its too deep into the groove its hard to click. I found the best method is to push down until you feel it engage, and then remove pressure back before trying to turn. This generally results in a nice positive click.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:12 PM

You might have room to do that on your frame jake , but there is little room on the new frame , you can just about get your finger tips on the adjuster .
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
You might have room to do that on your frame jake , but there is little room on the new frame , you can just about get your finger tips on the adjuster .
Backing off the pressure once the clicker is engaged really helps keep it from wearing or breaking. We're working on a remote cable adjuster for our FCR replacement carbs, as there's no room on the 4t's either. How about a servo and a key fob or handle bar switch? We have it now, but do we really want active on the fly control, some guys are wearing out their clickers as we speak......
Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Backing off the pressure once the clicker is engaged really helps keep it from wearing or breaking. We're working on a remote cable adjuster for our FCR replacement carbs, as there's no room on the 4t's either. How about a servo and a key fob or handle bar switch? We have it now, but do we really want active on the fly control, some guys are wearing out their clickers as we speak......
Mine fell to bits , iv put a ball bearing and spring in there , much better
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
Mine fell to bits , iv put a ball bearing and spring in there , much better
Right, it's a crappy design. And sourcing a ball spring plunger, that allowed enough room for an engagement means was the real challenge. The new clicker barrel has a hex engagement instead of the slot and we can use a much more robust ball and 60 degree index slot. Regret your troubles. Corey
Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Right, it's a crappy design. And sourcing a ball spring plunger, that allowed enough room for an engagement means was the real challenge. The new clicker barrel has a hex engagement instead of the slot and we can use a much more robust ball and 60 degree index slot. Regret your troubles. Corey
I was very lucky , I took a handlebar switch to bits and found them to be the right size, if you get time can you post up some pics of the new clicker .
Chris
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I'm easy Diggs.. Here, there, or in another thread. Very interested to see your fix for the clicker. I have a feeling its only a matter of time before mine does something similar.

My old metering rod wasn't stamped A100 like yours, and wasn't noticeably thinner at the top. Not that I can remember. There was some evidence of it being braised though, and quite a bit of wear in this area. Its possible this 2nd metering rod is the same profile as my last, just longer. I'm starting to go through the same thing where the more I ride the more it leans off. It doesn't seem to have the big bog that the original had though.

I agree with you entirely Michael. I'm happy with the level of service I've been receiving and that Corey is willing to work with us to resolve these issues. I'd be very disappointed if I was a 17 year old who saved every penny for one of these and then found out I had to be doing all this tinkering when I was promised plug and play. I also wonder how many of these finer issues will be resolved prior to the cast rollout. I don't imagine APT will want to be dealing with a large number of busted clicker units. I'd say they'll have the MR pretty much standardised by then judging from the above.
What is the reality is we have many more carbs in the field that are plug and play than the ones that aren't. Not everyone posts their experiences, it seems only the ones that have troubles do the most posting. Not always though. To me it is just unfortunate that it seems the people with the most experience and influence wind up with the ones that seem to be having an issue.....Jake, I regret your troubles and the reason I send replacement or improved parts usually no charge.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like murphys law at play

From this side of the world, I must say you have handled everything extremely well Corey. No one can hold that against you.. and rather than seeing these issues as faults or us as whinging customers, I'm sure you take it as an opportunity to refine and improve your product. After all, thats what we all want. No one here wants to see you sink.