Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
I do hope you have patents on this
Yes in the US and abroad, including China, and they are our major threat but I don't exclude mikuni, keihin, lectron from giving us the business either.

Corey

Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Maybe we could pass one around here and test it on a variety of our bikes in different conditions. This was done to a limited extent with an RBD modded Keihin some years back.
Good luck with that. It was several months before I even rode with mine due to all the initial issues I had. Still had to pay full pop.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Good luck with that. It was several months before I even rode with mine due to all the initial issues I had. Still had to pay full pop.
Lol that's exactly what I thought too, the only way you'll test one of these is with a cheque for $775!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM

Sounds like FI for the two-stroke,I know whats on my Christmas list!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxit View Post
I'm a third that is intrested in the UK. Again the die cast production model as the cost including shipping and customs to the UK would add another 20% + on to the price.
How did you get on with your bike pal , did you get it sorted ?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I don't think having a few of the more technically savy members here test and report on the carb is unreasonable. I'm not talking about bouncing this around the globe to everyone. A very good baseline of info could be generated as far as starting settings, installation issues (being its larger) etc. as well as the previously mentioned fuel overflow in various positions. Basically real world testing, not a dyno, and that has already been done. Many customers might expect near perfection for the price and it might pay to get any minor issues ironed out first. I would not even expect an OEM to sign onto this without having some of the factory riders wring it out. Perhaps they have we just don't know.
Ok guys. While your enthusiasm and zeal to be test pilots is most appreciable we certainly haven?t had any shortage of willing riders. Yes, the die cast carbs are where we all want to be.

I think what is not widely understood to those responding in this forum, and it's not my style to bring more to the conversation than what has been asked, however the development of any product requires necessary steps to insure validity, integrity and durability of the product. The release of the machined bodies is our way (or more accurately, my way of convincing partners and investors of the broad interest in the product) and equally important to gain actual user results/interest to move forward into the next manufacturing phase. Hard tooling for die casting costs hundreds of thousands of dollars just for one body size. You don?t even want to know what we have spent to develop this product to this point.

Anyway not your problem, however a first run of anything is not for everybody; consequently guys like Gerard who have an appreciation for new gadgets and like to be the first to toy with things are the ones who are best suited for this level of product. It is expensive but it?s worth it and Gerard has and will be rewarded for working through the small issues that he had. The only reason it took so long to get him up and running was because of us. We were at Pikes Peak setting records and winning classes.

And yes this is not our first trip around the block; we have GasGas factory professional riders putting the carbs through hellish tests, enduro, MX etc. Factory racers in the US, Scott Bright, Clay Stuckey, KTM racers, Mike Fortman, Kawasaki Tim Seebold, Honda, Matt Meinart etc. Marco Belli (Zaeta, TM) in Italy, Marco even had Valentino Rossi ride his SmartCarb equipped Zaeta. Wayne Wright (Wobbly Pipes) testing in New Zealand, and the list goes on.

Here?s a look into my world, this morning we brought in a Alex Malott?s Razors Edge factory 2011 Yamaha YZ 250 put it on the dyno, did back to back carb comparisons. I?ll post the chart of the SmartCarb?s immediate 8% gain over a two year old race tuneup, took three minutes to put the carb on. He?ll be racing it this weekend and the next in a national MX pro series in the US.

The fit, flooding, cable issues have all been addressed and the die cast versions will have all the improvements. Men we are ready to SELL carburetors.

Respectfully,

Corey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YZ 250.jpg (126.3 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg Malott 250.jpg (71.1 KB, 154 views)
Old 10-17-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravan Monster View Post
Fourth in the UK interested in the die cast model.

Corey, do you have any test results for the smaller 2 strokes ? I have an EC 200, which is very sensitive to air temp changes. I'm sure the 125, 144 and 165 owners would also be very interested in increased fuel economy and less time adjusting carburation.
Yes, we do have some data on smaller bikes clear down to Cobra's 65 cc mini motocrosser. I can tell you we see the same results as the larger displacements and it certainly mellows out the peaky fussiness of the smaller engines.

Regards,

Corey
Old 10-17-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
Only joking corey , seems you posted while i was writing my post lol
No I clearly get where you guys are coming from, just want to make sure you aware of where we are at.

Thanks again for your interest and we will get these carbs into your hands one day.

Corey
Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
No I clearly get where you guys are coming from, just want to make sure you aware of where we are at.

Thanks again for your interest and we will get these carbs into your hands one day.

Corey
Thanks for keeping us informed corey, lets hope they come sooner rather than later
Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
So if I buy a billet one they do not have those issues stated earlier addressed yet?
The remaining billets have all the corrections except the check valves in the vent lines. The check valves are for what is really a non issue, but we have decided to add a little extra area of correction to this because somebody somewhere somehow can make it a problem. The billets will also become an exclusivity because we probably won't be making them much longer. All we will need to know is if you have a stock cable or an aftermarket threaded end

Corey