Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
I'm at sea-level with an EC300 bike but found the CCK needle really helped. I tried all sorts before including LTR and couldn't get a smooth power delivery. I ended up jetting very lean (35P, N1EF on #2, 178M, #7 slide) as it "appears" to run better that way in the woods but you get that hit and it's dangerously lean when you come to a fast section. It seems better because it gets rid of most of the 4 stroking at small throttle openings. I now have 42P, CCK on #3, 180M, #7 slide and it's much better. Could probably go to 45P.

Make sure float height is correct before experimenting. It was the needle that made the difference for me, until I had that right no pilot or main change could sort it. Thanks to Pobit for suggesting CCK needle.
Great info.....The float was the first thing I set.. Where can I get the CCK needle? Do you think I should go to a #7 slider?

around

Old 02-25-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patswild300 View Post
Great info.....The float was the first thing I set.. Where can I get the CCK needle? Do you think I should go to a #7 slider?
Any Keihin agent should stock them. It's a standard Keihin needle. I believe Sudco are one of the main agents in the US?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM

I would try a 40 pilot, needle clip in the #3 position based on you brief description of the midrange bog. With the larger load from the quad, I would keep going up on my main jet until the performance dropped off. You might be able to pull a up to a 175 at the higher elevations and it's important if you plan on spending alot of your time on the pipe/MJ.

Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenut View Post
I would try a 40 pilot, needle clip in the #3 position based on you brief description of the midrange bog. With the larger load from the quad, I would keep going up on my main jet until the performance dropped off. You might be able to pull a up to a 175 at the higher elevations and it's important if you plan on spending alot of your time on the pipe/MJ.

Mike
Thanks Mike
It had a #40 pilot and it was worse I think, Thats why I went with the #35 and went another half a turn out. I was going to up the main another size up and see..I also tried the needle in the middle and it had the hesitation so I went to the 2nd fron the top and it cleaned it up alot..
around
Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 AM

The LTR powervalve cover helps with bottom end. We put one on a Wild HP 240 and it made a difference on the bottom end. I also have one on my EC200 and noticed a difference as soon as I put it on.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:00 AM

Thanks Barkeater
around