Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Default Lithium Iron Battery

Anyone have a source for getting a battery? So far the suppliers websites have shown to be out of stock. Shorai, Turntech, SuperB (however this battery is way over priced).

I am thinking my starter issue's may be battery related. The battery is leaking and although it tests fine it may be on the low end of spec. Grrrr

Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentMartell View Post
Anyone have a source for getting a battery? So far the suppliers websites have shown to be out of stock. Shorai, Turntech, SuperB (however this battery is way over priced).

I am thinking my starter issue's may be battery related. The battery is leaking and although it tests fine it may be on the low end of spec. Grrrr
I got my Shorai 2 weeks ago from these guys: http://www.power-tripp.com/ They still had a decent stock and their prices were the best.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 AM

AWESOME, thanks so much. Battery is ordered and on the way. If anyone looks at the website it will likely indicate they don't have batteries due to the high demand on shorai. Pick up the phone and give them a shout. Shane was super cool to deal with.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
I got my Shorai 2 weeks ago from these guys: http://www.power-tripp.com/ They still had a decent stock and their prices were the best.
Hey Kreig, Curios which one you got and how it fit the bike. I have been planing to purchase one of these also.

Thanks,
Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Hey Kreig, Curios which one you got and how it fit the bike. I have been planing to purchase one of these also.

Thanks,
Roscoe
I got THIS ONE. I went with the higher Cold Cranking amps (over stock and over the lower rated Shorais) and it has paid off. It spins my starter better and faster than the stock battery and has improved the performance of the starter dramatically. It was more expensive and weighs a bit more than the 9, but it is worth the extra money and weight IMHO.

It is a tad smaller dimensionally that the stock battery, but it comes with tons of foam "shims" to make a custom fit. If I recall correctly, I shimmed the sides and the top to ensure it wouldn't flop around. So far, no issues.

I highly recommend this product for those looking to shave a few pounds and potentially improve the starter's performance.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:24 PM

hi
very interested to hear more about shorai batteries. 03 450 FSE 450 always slugggish to spin over depite new Yuasa overhauled starter. Shorai sounds good, don't mind spending money if sure it will spin up better. Usualy get a start but after 3/4 attempts waste of time. What bike is yours on? Was it a dramatic improvment etc. cheers In UK so looking into suppliers or whether I can get shipped from states ok. Appreciate all info
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentMartell View Post
I am thinking my starter issue's may be battery related.
Was your problem just slow cranking? Mine has cranked OK. I added some info to my estart topic that may help with troubleshooting.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9914
Old 06-26-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm starting to think that mine should turn over faster. It seems to turn over OK, but never really jumps into action.