Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-04-2021, 09:39 AM

Default 2003 EC200 Setup for Lightweight Rider

Hi everyone,

The rear shock on my '03 EC200 makes popping sounds when it gets hot, and I was planning to take it off and send it to a suspension shop for a rebuild. I would prefer not to lose a month of riding, though, and am looking at buying parts to rebuild it. The charging gauge is expensive and seems to be the biggest stumbling block. Any suggestions on where to get one/rent one/ask someone to borrow one?

I'm 125lb with gear on, so I know the OEM spring (which I assume is what I have) is too stiff. Is going to a softer rear spring, considering that my forks will retain the stock springs, definitely the right move? Is there anything about the rear shock that would need to be done differently for a lighter spring that might justify sending it out for a professional rebuild vs trying to do it myself? Unsurprisingly, the rear suspension feels very stiff when I bounce on the seat, we can't get the sag and preload settings to all work out (to get enough sag, there's too much preload), and the rear of the bike tends to jump off of obstacles if I don't keep my weight back to fight it a little. Is this definitely a problem related to spring rate, or might some of this be resolved by having a properly functioning shock and getting the settings dialed in?

We recently rebuilt the forks and put everything back to the stock settings. I'm sure they still need some adjusting, but they feel markedly better than before (they basically had no oil) and I'm content with them as they are for the time being.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Old 01-05-2021, 05:09 PM

did you look on ebay for a nitrogen needle . has it got wp 43 mm forks dont waste time money on them there not that good the 04 on 45mm oc marzocchi are very good woods fork or kyb sss
Old 01-07-2021, 05:36 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Are you located in the USA? If you are, then I'd contact OhlinsUSA in Hendersonville NC and ask them about price & turn around time. They might surprise you.

I was able to take my '01 XC 200 shock to them. Took them about two hours and about 200 bucks to rebuild using my old spring.

RB