Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Default FYI, Cylinder/Case mis-matching, 3/16" off!

Tuners get easy power and response gains via matching these surfaces. 3/16 of an inch, I have never seen. Keep in mind that correcting this can provide better than modest P/B improvements. Just as corrected head combustion specs can. Chances are you don't need pricey bolt-ons, just intended flow characteristics and combustion.

There is an issue with the thinner gaskets. When you trim them to match the cylinder base...it's quite narrow along the transfer port area. Best to not use them or at the least, glue them in place.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM

Im sure they have a tollerance when assembling motors,if yours is that far off,would it still run? if so I would guess they are built that way and wouldnt worry about it
Old 11-26-2008, 03:56 PM

fury1,
Now your response is quite helpful. Gosh, no worries now. Yeah, I'm not good at subtlety, maybe you could increase the condescension.

Considering this ineffeciency along with an extreme example of cases of low cylinder deck height, I'd venture to say that what's within tolerances per GG is not cosher for all its consumers.

A number of riders here can spare themselves time and money in the persuit of performance gains by simply knowing what inefficiencies they are trying to overcome.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:07 PM

maybe I should have thrown in a smiley ,sorry if you took it the wrong way
Old 11-26-2008, 06:44 PM

No worries, I forgot to LOL