Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default 09 gas gas ec 300

Has anyone had a blast on an 09 ec300 racing?I was told by a dealer it is the same as the ISDE model,just different plastics.What have you guys heard about the model difference?Another dealer told me it had suspension & head mod. differences?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM

Default 09 300 racing

I called about one yesterday, I was told the difference was the racing had Olins suspension and the EC had Zokes up front and Sachs out back.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the new EC Racing has Sachs forks and shock. They run spring preload adjusters on the forks as well.. Well this is for the Australian market.. A couple of members here ride them.. One is Keg

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM

The racing model I looked at had Sachs rear & front.But some have the marzochi,marchozi, marchozzi.ZOKES! up front.Wasn't given an Ohlins option though,that would be special.SpeedyManiac raced with a sachs front & rear & rated it better than an Ohlins ,WP modified setup.He was not sure if it was standard EC setup though.The racing model is about $600 more as well,just not sure why yet?
JRDoz-Thanks for kegs contact,have dropped him a line.Have you had a ride on the new 450?After it smoked the big guns in ADB magazine it would be interesting to here from someone who has tried it.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
JRDoz-Thanks for kegs contact,have dropped him a line.Have you had a ride on the new 450?After it smoked the big guns in ADB magazine it would be interesting to here from someone who has tried it.
Yes I have actually.. there is little difference between them I feel. Considering I have Racetech suspension now and an 08 seat to sit on..

I found the 09 standard as good as my bike modified.. The 09 engine has a smoother bottom end and more power up top..

I could'nt justify spending a few grand to update just yet..
I wish they had a bit more fuel capacity in the standard tank.
Even though the 09 is 1 litre more than my 07 standard tank, that still only comes in at 7.5 litres... (I run a 10.5 litre Clark tank)
Here's a link to the little test I did with a couple of pictures http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...24&postcount=2

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 05-31-2009, 02:33 PM

Nice looking bike .Yeah going from a 450 to a 300 is very different .My brother has a TE 450 Husky.We swap bikes occasionally & I always forget about the engine braking & stop 5m short of the corner,dangerous thing to forget on jumps!