Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:18 PM

Default 2013 display resets all the time

U have a 2013 EC125 with a Gasgas branded display.
When I jost bought the bike the display would work only with the engine on.
Replacing the battery fixed it for a while, but now i acts weird again. Sometimes it stays on when I turn off the bike, and sometimes not. the RT resets randomly, and the ART (total hours) does not accumulate properly.
Could it be the battery again after less than 10 hours? Doesn't it have a low battery indication?
Thanks!

Old 11-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

These are a gas gas branded Trailtech vector. Mines about as useful as yours. It only measures engine hours when the front wheel is turning. Have a good look at the volts jump as you rev the engine. My guess is that its been poorly wired and is over volting in a big way causing the issues.

The older Vapor model was good upto 400VAC/VDC, however I recall reading the specs on the Vector were lower. I was going to rewire mine to the 12V circuit instead of straight off the unregulated power, but haven't made it a priority.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Are you sure on the connections Jake? Once the stator yellow wire is connected to the voltage regulator, all wires in that circuit should now peak at about 14 volts AC. The only exception is using the stator white wire for the connection point as that would be the only unregulated source. The white wire is regulated/rectified to about 14.5 volts DC peak on estart bikes. As far as I know the white wire is disconnected on non-estart bikes.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't traced the wiring back Neil, but as stated, all yellow wires are regulated as they should be. The trailtech is wired into something else. A red and Black wire behind the headlight, and also has some kind of inline setup that plugs into the harness (wrapped up so no idea if its a diode/something else) but it doesn't appear to regulate anything either. Same setup on both my kick start only models.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

So Neil.

Its connected with a red wire from the loom, and a yellow/green (earth). Runs into some little electrogizmo thats been heat wrapped. No idea what it does. Seems to read same volts either side (or at least did on the 2010 from memory). Voltage fluctates with rpm is certainly isn't regulated.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doutsh View Post
U have a 2013 EC125 with a Gasgas branded display.
When I jost bought the bike the display would work only with the engine on.
Replacing the battery fixed it for a while, but now i acts weird again. Sometimes it stays on when I turn off the bike, and sometimes not. the RT resets randomly, and the ART (total hours) does not accumulate properly.
Could it be the battery again after less than 10 hours? Doesn't it have a low battery indication?
Thanks!
A common problem is the battery is not firmly in its groove and resets on start ups.open the battery cover and fold up a small piece of paper or cardboard and place it between the battery and battery cover making sure the battery is firmly pressed in its space.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddenning View Post
A common problem is the battery is not firmly in its groove and resets on start ups.open the battery cover and fold up a small piece of paper or cardboard and place it between the battery and battery cover making sure the battery is firmly pressed in its space.
Wow! I did that just yesterday and it worked, so I came here to write that I found the problem,
and here you are suggesting the exact same thing! great minds think alike
Thanks anyway