Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 AM

Default EC300 '06 electricals behind light ... help please (UK)

Hi there,

I was so impressed with my 2000 EC300 that once it was all road legal and working a dream I upgraded to a 2006 version.

In all aspects it's a nicer, cleaner, tighter bike - but the one unfortunate thing is that there was no (real) electrical system - just a bodged feed for the front and brake light.

The guy I bought it from said that he had a problem with the map switch so removed it ... he's sending it on to me as he didn't have it when I picked the bike up !!
Other than that the speedo unit is there and as far as I can see the rest seems to be there - but it's different to my 2000 model so I'm not 100% sure.

I do need a left hand switchgear as there was only a killswitch - but I'm sure ebay will come up trumps for that.

I have had a look at all the downloads I could find to help me with the wiring but none are very clear . what I really need are some photo's of the connectors etc and what they link to ..............

................ please does anyone have an 06 EC300 who would be prepared to take a few pictures and send them to me ??

Would really appreciate it. I've been converted to Gassers now so will be using the site more in the future - hope I can help someone else out in the future.

Look forward to hearing from anyone ...... anywhere .....

Cheers - Baz

Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 PM

Hey, UK based here too.

Don't know if my thread is any help to you.

I havn't picked it up from where i last left it.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10123

Let us know how you get on...
Old 08-02-2011, 04:02 AM

Try giving Pro Racing a call. His kits are made up from Leonelli (ie same as Gas Gas) components - prices are reasonable, and he should be able to send you a professionally put together loom that you can just plug in to the bike. Indicators are not necessary to be road legal in the UK - I wouldn't bother with them for greenlaning.

I'm also running an '06 EC300. I have it set up so that the ignition circuit is entirely seperate to the lighting. That way, it is easy to remove all the lighting kit so that it doesn't get damaged when racing. I put connectors on the hydraulic brake switch on the rear master cylinder, so that there is no need to bleed the brake when removing / refitting the lighting.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Default Cheers guys

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply guys - will definately take a look at the guide - and will probably go to get some help ...... I'm cool with the mechanics - but the electrics scare me