Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM

Default HammerHead Designs (Shifters)

I gave Hammerhead a call they said they stopped supporting GasGas but with my call right before a meeting today it would be brought up. They called me back with good news, they agree in their meeting that Gas Gas is becoming popular and thus they think there is enough support. We should know in two weeks, and a month later they could have them in stock :-)

Here is there site:
http://www.hdmoto.com

I suggest if you are interested in getting more support from companies for this brand reach out and contact them, let them know your interested. I believe their shifters are reasonably priced. I looked up the GG stock one and its like $70, these cost the same and are built a LOT tougher.

Just to give you an idea what they build:

They said they order 500 pieces at a time. Sounded like 100 pieces need to be spoken for, for this to go through. Maybe speak to your GG dealers and let them know, if we get enough dealers to buy 2-5 of them off the bat we could probably get this run done and have us some aftermarket shifters.

How many of you are interested?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
I gave Hammerhead a call they said they stopped supporting GasGas but with my call right before a meeting today it would be brought up. They called me back with good news, they agree in their meeting that Gas Gas is becoming popular and thus they think there is enough support. We should know in two weeks, and a month later they could have them in stock :-)

Here is there site:
http://www.hdmoto.com

I suggest if you are interested in getting more support from companies for this brand reach out and contact them, let them know your interested. I believe their shifters are reasonably priced. I looked up the GG stock one and its like $70, these cost the same and are built a LOT tougher.

Just to give you an idea what they build:

They said they order 500 pieces at a time. Sounded like 100 pieces need to be spoken for, for this to go through. Maybe speak to your GG dealers and let them know, if we get enough dealers to buy 2-5 of them off the bat we could probably get this run done and have us some aftermarket shifters.

How many of you are interested?
Glad they responded to you. I sent three unanswered emails to them in the last six months. I finally called them and was greeted by the answer that Gas Gas simply was not popular enought to continue to build them. I guess this goes to show how far Gas Gas has come with the new models. I would gladly put one in the parts bin when mine finally bites the dust. I would really like one of there brake pedals for my older gasser.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hopefully they will redesign the pinch bolt.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM

I did contacted them 2 time without no response from them also.
I have used them on my KTMs with great results.
They need to produce theses again.
03 H-D Nightrain
www.newoodsriders.com
You Can't Out Run Death Forever
But You Can Make the BASTARD Work For It!
Enjoy Life, Have Fun and Play Hard
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 PM

The pinch bolt is dumb. Its a special bolt with turned down center section to clear the shaft on install. They start with a cap screw, but designed it so it threads in from the top. Problem is you can't get a hex key on it there to tighten it. I had to grind my own special M6 bolt that I could get to with a combo wrench.

They should move the pinch bolt center away from the shaft center, so normal bolt can be used.

I do like the tip option feature.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I just took a hex-head and put it in my drill and made the same coke bottle shape with a grinder. now I don't have to use that silly hex key and I can get at it very easy.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 AM

They are night & day better than stock. They make shifting effortless but positive engagement feel at the same time. I haven't had any problem with my bolt. I had heard complaints about them coming loose. As far as tighting it up I just cut down an Allen wrench to fit.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Yes please!!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 AM

I haven't bought one for my Honda for two reasons. First, the shifter has to be removed to access the tranny drain bolt. Second, that's one big honking tip sticking out way too far in my opinion.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I emailed them last night, got a response shortly after, "Man, word gets out fast, how the heck did you year about this?"
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.