Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 PM

Default Need help with 99 EC300 lighting electrical system

I have owned 99 EC300 that I love. I have added Renthal Twinwalls, new plastic, graphics, side stand and it has a Pro Circuit pipe and FMF pipe. I also bought a Trailtech universal headlight. When I bought the bike it had a regular number plate on it. The kickstand had been removed and it appeared someone had attempted to MX it up.

I honestly know very little about bikes...I'm learning and next to nothing about wiring. But my buddy is great at that stuff. He checked the bike out and said he could find no wiring to connect the headlight to.

Do you think it is there or would someone actually gut it that much instead of just removing the headlight?

Could use some guidance here. Really want to ride at night on the trails and need the lighting as well as my helmet light.

This forum has always been super helpful so I again turn to you guys. Also looking to attach a Trailtech endure computer as well but curious if it runs off same needed power source that we can't find.

Thanks fellas!

Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 AM

For the engine to run, it needs the ignition winding on the stator and the wiring to the CDI (and coil) only. Everything else can be removed, so maybe that's what was done. Even a kill switch is not needed since you can stall the engine to stop it.

What flywheel/stator is on that bike? The small ignition has lighting windings, so the yellow wire and a voltage regulator will give you AC lighting power. Check the recent topic on "blowing regulators" for a basic wiring diagram.