Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default general bike part out question....

i have seen a few bikes parted out on here, and have seen a few on ebay of course, just looking for some real world experience..
i have an 01 that was a 300 and is now a 250, it also has a wierd clutch issue( tried for months on a dyna ring install that never worked, to the point i sent them my complete clutch and i think they machined my parts to make it work, but still never did.. it is a mix of fibers to make it work.. it works great, but is not correct) with these issues, i would not feel right selling it.(and it probably would not bring much either..
this is an 01 that i bought new in 08 that still has original chain and sprockets.. it is a very nice, but not perfect 10+ year old bike..
any input is appreciated.. looking for total dollars gained... i have ups thru work so shipping smaller parts is no big deal at all..

Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I parted out a 2002 YZ426 that broke the rod and destroyed the cases. It had some pretty sought-after items as I had custom built it for supermoto, but I got very lucky with having only a couple of parties interested in major components. But, I think that is the trick, to find those with needs and keep the large sections together.

Having said all of that (which probably doesn't help), if you break it down I am sure that you can recover more than the sum of selling the bike as a whole. I have heard of very few private parties that don't at least break even, and having a commercial UPS account helps a ton. I can't imagine that those ebay companies would stay in business if they didn't cover their costs and bring a little profit. Nobody goes on ebay to run a charity.

Out of curiosity, how much would you sell like for the whole bike? My nephew is in the market and loves my 300, so if you are interested in parting with the whole package let me know.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM

will do phil... i know they are not worth alot, but i am a LONG way from you..

my wife just had a week in the hosp with 3 follow up procedures and it has wiped us out.. i sadly have not rode that 01 more than twice in the last couple of years... i wished i had thrown an hour meter on it when i bought it.. i was worried about tearing it up, so i always had another bike and it did not get that much time on it..
it seriously could still have the oe rear tire on it, but a flat and the rim lock ripped the rear tire took car of that..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure Glenn will take the wheels.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
I'm sure Glenn will take the wheels.
see... and that is the bad thing... i think i would keep those... so that cuts alot out of it.. the 01 wheels will go on the 07.. could not figure out bearings to put the 07 wheels on the 01 (front anyway). there is another gasser here intown that needs the rear fender, sub frame, seat and fuel tank.. he wants the bike, but wants to trade a jxt for it.. i would love to have it, but need the cash..

if i did not have this really cool 07 mc, we would not have this problem G...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

True dat!

If you trade for the JXT, would you recoup your money if you sold it?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
True dat!

If you trade for the JXT, would you recoup your money if you sold it?
i dont think so..i had a txt for about a year, really never rode it.. tried to sell it here for about 6 months.. finally traded it for a 250exc that i sold for about 400 less than what i had in the trials, but it was a long deal..
i think in that year i only ran about 2 tanks of fuel thru it.. just no spare time.. no one else here had one at that time either..
realistically, those old gassers are prolly 1200 to 1500... i think by what i have seen them go for in parts, at the right time, is about 1800 if everything comes apart good and sells for a fair price by what i have seen watching them on ebay..
there have been 2 of them i have seen around here on there recently.. there is a guy in lubbock tx "rockcotten" i think is his ebay id.. he also made the mistake of parting out an olive green fse that has been on there FOREVER.... the 1800 i am basing that off of is adding his starting bid, no shipping, but also not accounting for ebay fees which is pretty high also.. his prices look pretty much in line..some might be a little high, but not bad...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I sent you a pm with a list of things I would be interested in. Maybe it will help you get a estimate on what you can expect to get in the part out.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I would have interest in some parts as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a 2k2 ignition and flywheel..