Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Lighter Clutch Pull Wanted

We have an '08 DE 300 we bought this summer to replace an '05 DE 200.

One thing about the 300 we miss from the 200 is the clutch pull effort.
The '05 was a one finger pull (about like a trials bike) and was one of the things we loved about the bike. The '08 has a lever effort about like a KTM, not bad at all, but nowhere near as nice as the wonderful '05.

My question is how can we get to that one finger clutch action on the '08.
My understanding of clutch lever pull effort is that it is a direct function of the size of the piston / fluid orifice in the master cylinder - smaller orifice equal easier lever pull. Correct?

If that's true, what are the benefits / problems associated with a smaller v. larger fluid orifice in the master cylinder?

Also, does anyone know whether the hydraulic hose on my '08 will connect to an '05 master cylinder? Does anyone have a good '05 clutch master cylinder/lever assembly for sale . . .cheap?

Comments? Suggestions?