Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
UK riders can only survive out of a pub for 4-5hrs max.Medical fact.Hence the fast lap times.Erzberg is just an annoyance on the way to the next pub.Probably heading to Corfu or Mikinos? Jarvis got a whiff of a fresh pint of Boddingtons 20 miles away & followed it off track.Rumour has it that David Knight won the last round of the UK GNCC while popping out for a pub lunch.Still had his slippers on.
And all of this is probably very true, i like a smoke break in a race for example. New Zealand is very British though isnt it ?!?!?!?
Anyway, we invented the sport so for a change we decided to be good at a sport we invented

Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd5774 View Post
Quite bizarre that we keep throughing up decent riders at an international level, being as we have practically nowhere to ride or practice here in the uk, compared to other countries.
Mostly because of our long established trials clubs and the excellent foundations of skill and confidence laid by trials riding for youngsters to go on and excel in other disciplines of motorcycle sport.

I recently read that the UK government is looking at changing the planning laws to make it even more difficult to hold motorsport events on farmland. This would directly effect enduro, mx and trials from the grassroots up. Combine that with the efforts of various powers-that-be to ban us from riding on unsurfaced roads, and the future starts to look bleak. Where all this negativity has come from, I don't know. When I was a kid, the sound of bikes at the local quarry was met with excitement - it meant we could spend the day watching the racing. Now, the sound of bike engines, and some miserable sh1t will be on the 'phone to the police to complain about it
Old 07-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravan Monster View Post
Mostly because of our long established trials clubs and the excellent foundations of skill and confidence laid by trials riding for youngsters to go on and excel in other disciplines of motorcycle sport.

I recently read that the UK government is looking at changing the planning laws to make it even more difficult to hold motorsport events on farmland. This would directly effect enduro, mx and trials from the grassroots up. Combine that with the efforts of various powers-that-be to ban us from riding on unsurfaced roads, and the future starts to look bleak. Where all this negativity has come from, I don't know. When I was a kid, the sound of bikes at the local quarry was met with excitement - it meant we could spend the day watching the racing. Now, the sound of bike engines, and some miserable sh1t will be on the 'phone to the police to complain about it

I used to be the most legal trail rider imaginable, trf rights of way officer, attended all the seminars, now ive gone stealth.. i ride on my own, quietly where i want. within reason
Give it a few years and its the only way we will be able to ride over here.