Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Default I get so friggin' tired of this crap.....

I spend a lot of time on KTMTalk....its a great forum, as I'm sure most of you know. But every so often the topic turns to GG's and how misinformed most of the people are about the brand.

Below is an example....see if you can pick out my post, I don't go by "bukwheat" there.....

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=426638&st=0

Old 07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

i have spent some time on there also.. that seems to happen alot..
i have some riding friends who drink the orange coolaid.. they make some good points..
in the end, the gg fits me better, and i enjoy riding something different..(and imo, better)
when the bikes are lined up somewhere, no one seems to mistake mine for thiers... yes it takes a little patience sometimes, but it is worth it to me..
Old 07-07-2011, 11:37 AM

What do you guys expect? Its like trying to get unbiased news from the left wing mainstream media. KTMs are good for the masses, the masses that need their hands held. Than masses that need to be led by the nose to all canned solutions to theiir problems. They are just like another Jap bike now. Not that thats all bad, but it's all some people can handle from an ownership perspective, requiring a dealer on the corner in the center of town. I always felt, for years now, that the overall level of intellect and maturity on this forum and the Smackover forum before it is a cut above. The few guys with reason over there are not the most negative, and have rational opinions on why the KTM works for them, so who cares what the other knoweledge challenged members post?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:45 PM

I set em' straight over there
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
I spend a lot of time on KTMTalk....its a great forum, as I'm sure most of you know. But every so often the topic turns to GG's and how misinformed most of the people are about the brand.

Below is an example....see if you can pick out my post, I don't go by "bukwheat" there.....

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=426638&st=0
Bukwheat,
Thanks for setting the guy straight on the power thing. I have never heard that complaint before. When I was working for KTM I tried to keep up with the KTM Talk stuff but I just couldn't do it. That site made me so mad. When I started managing sales of the HB line for KTM, I did spend a lot of time on the HB.org site because the guys there were very knowledgable and friendly. Same here on this site. Very cool people. Be patient. It will take a while but we'll win them over.
I think KTM, the company, is going to help us. They have just about totally dropped regional off road race support but they are spending millions on SX/MX and announced at the dealer meeting that they are going road racing next year. I think you ought to dance with the one who brung you but KTM is turning their backs on the off road guy. In addition, the off road versions of some of the KTMs are hundreds of dollars higher than the MX version of the same bike. How long before the KTM offroad guys figure out that KTM is lowering the price of the bike for the MX guy and increasing the price for the off road guy? I don't understand the direction that KTM is going but it will only help us.
Thanks again for defending us!
Clay
Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM

SX and Road Racing, what did I say, just like the big four Japanese now! Thats going to cost them. What ever happened to that car they were building, the one with the Audi motor?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I think my 2011 EC300 was almost 2 Grand less than my 2009 KTM. That leaves a lot left over for goodies!
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 PM

I sometimes post in the "not ktm forum" just to try and set them straight on a few things that they dont understand, I only ever give MY opinions, I never insult them, and you just get told your wrong or what your saying isnt relevant.
Someone was asking for a comparison between the 2012 GG and 2012 KTM, so I gave a general comparison between the 2, because I own both, maintain and repair both, so figured what I had to say held some merit. All I got back was, 'so you dont own either of the bikes the OP is asking about?'. I thought it was a pretty stupid question to begin with seeing as when it was asked no 2012 bikes had been released yet.
O well, ignorance is bliss. Wheres my pie
Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM

I think people tend to like what they have. Often they think it's the best kept secret, and everybody else is missing out.
Or maybe that's just me.

Thanks for sharing that insight, Clay.

-Dean
nonconformist to a fault. LOL
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
nonconformist to a fault. LOL
I think that pretty much describes all of us GG riders....