Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 AM

Post Clutch Slave Cylinder Rebuild

Does anyone know of a good how-to video out there for changing out the slave cylinder gaskets and bladder using a rebuild kit? I found plenty on the master but cant find anything on the slave! Never done this before so I'd like some kind of tutorial first. Thanks to all...

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Exclamation

Ok I'm convinced there aren't any tutorial videos on changing slave cylinder seals. I spent all day searching the Internet with as many word combos as humanly possible. That said, any advice on the slave seal change out that I should know about having never done it or seen it performed before? I'm good on the master cylinder and bleeding the system, there's tons on that but nothing on removing the slave seals etc... Any advice or a step through program would be much appreciated. If someone will guide me then I'll film and post the first ever slave cylinder seal rebuild and post it on YouTube!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Site Sponsor

there has been a thread or 2 about it. it's not difficult. the hard part is getting it all to stay together

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 AM

The slave is only the house, piston, a spring and 3 o-rings.
No Bladders or anything, just pop out the piston, change the 2 o-rings on the piston and the one on the house, put back the piston, mount the slave and backbleed it with a syringe..
And as stated above, the spring behind the piston will try to push the piston out, but if you just push it all the way inside the house and you'll have no problem keeping it together

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 03-17-2012, 06:22 AM

I would think that you could fill the housing with fluid before you assemble the piston making it easier to bleed. The same as you would do with a brake caliper.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
I would think that you could fill the housing with fluid before you assemble the piston making it easier to bleed. The same as you would do with a brake caliper.
It'll only make it harder keeping things together, and by backbleeding it you will fill the house first since air always wants to go up, did it this way alot of times, also with calipers you just need to be sure to push the piston all the way back, leaving less space for air..

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing