Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 PM

Default LTM Harescramble Video

Here's the start of my latest HS. I was pretty stoked with the start, but it didn't end so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJc8UFrEq0&feature=plcp

Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Nice!!!!! Those trees are much tighter than what we have out here in Cali! What happend to the shifter! I love the goggle hanging from the bars while recording!!!!

Thats racing!

Better luck next time!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 PM

Thanks!

The weld on the shifter axle broke. I had to take the bike apart and have the part rewelded. I had it back together in about three days.

My wife and stepson thought the hanging goggle shot looked cool also. Of course I planned it that way
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Nice!!!!! Those trees are much tighter than what we have out here in Cali! What happend to the shifter! I love the goggle hanging from the bars while recording!!!!

Thats racing!

Better luck next time!
Funny. I was thinking how wide open the trees looked compared to what we have here most places.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM

Ya, this is one of our more open courses.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 PM

Default Great Vid

Thanks for sharing. I am curious where this race was located?

I really enjoyed watching your race. You were catching racers in the woods but on the open they were pulling you.

One of that hardest lessons I've had to learn is that if I catch a rider I can not follow that rider. I need to get around that rider as quick as I can. If they are blocking the optimal route then I need to find an alternate as quick as safe as I can. Otherwise I'm just trapped behind their rear wheel following their rear wheel and riding their pace not mine.

I would have loved racing this course. It was marked well enough I could follow it on your video.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 PM

It was near Casey, IL, which is about an hour from my house. I've been getting pulled in the opens a lot lately (don't tell my wife ), which is making me think that a 300 might be in order. I wonder if I need to change my main jet. It was in the low 50's at 650' above sea level, MJ 178.

Yes, I was following too much, but my excuse is that I could barely see, and was playing it a little safe. I usually ride with roll-offs, but these goggles aren't set up for it and I pulled all of my tear-offs at once in the first 1/2 mile. I also noticed that I need to cover the inside lines a lot better. I've been riding enduros instead of HS, and the riders are usually spread out much more and the racing isn't as tight. There are definitely some things that I can work on for next season.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Sight

There's nothing worse than cloudy or bad vision. Tis better to be conservative when you can't see well otherwise you risking damaging the bike or worse hurting yourself. BTW your start was awesome!

That is one of the main reasons I've been looking at the potential switch the two-stroker.