Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: what style of riding pants do you wear and why?
tuck in the boot 42 70.00%
over the boot 22 36.67%
riding shorts 2 3.33%
blue jeans 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default style of riding pants do you wear and why?

What do ya like and why? trying to get some pros and cons to each.
I wear tuck in the boot style and always have but am contimplating some over the boot ones also.
When I was a young teen I wore the gaters cause Johny O made em cool.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

I wear the in the boot style.

I had the over the boot ones, went to dab and the pant got caught on the foot peg. Not pretty!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM

I wear them both.
In the winter I wear the Moose Expedition over the boot pants to help keep me dry. And in the summer I wear the in the boot pant so I'm not wearing my pant legs on the frame. This way I can get a couple of years out of both.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 PM

I also do both. Also the Moose EXP. For me, it's all about keeping my feet dry in the winter. With the over the boot pant, rain and splash doesn't go down my boot. Bonus, my boots are MUCH easier to clean because muck doesn't cake on the uppers of the boots. In the summer they're too hot. In fact, when it gets too hot, I go with the Moose Sahara gear. I LOVE IT.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-10-2008, 09:03 AM

I am also a pant in the boot guy, have been since the days of REAL leathers, open face helmets, jofa mouth gaurds. I would like to try a pair of over the boot style pants, I am concerned about the pant leg snagging brush in the woods. My riding buddy has a pair of Fox pants and he has to tape them because of the fair snags on eveything.

Roost, as for cleaning boots, find a traffic cone (you know the orange one you find all over the place left unattended) turn your boots up-side down over the cone, which will make a snug seal, and power wash the boots...works great!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 AM

I wear the over the boot pants. I have tried several different brands but the Klim over the pants are really good. The material is way thicker than other brands and they fir pretty tight around your boot to help from getting them caught on the foot peg. I just got the new really vented pants from Klim and thought I was not going to like them at first because the bottoms velcro together vs. their original style that had no type of fastner. Now after a few wet rides I am impressed with them.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Riding short when the weather allows. Unparralleled mobility and knee grip, downside is braces and shin pads destroy plastic and decals very quickly.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Over the boot for me almost exclusively now. They do have some issues though. I have caught my foot pegs and kickstarter on occasion but that was mostly with the first generation Klim's with no adjustment on the bottom. The new Klims with the velcro closure are better but if it's really muddy I've had the velcro clog and not hold the flaps together. I think they need to rethink that system but otherwise they are great. If anything they will be cooler in hot weather not having an additional leg piece inside the boot, and they are VERY well vented. I think they're easier on the side of the bike too. For MX I think regular plants would be a better choice.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 PM

I generally ride with over the boot pants.
Likes: pockets, dry feet, much easier to get dressed (with zippered lower leg), zippered vents, less bulk in the boots
Dislikes: rare pant leg snag, shorter life span
Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Tuck in the boots,, always,, never had a reason to change,, and after seeing that dentine commercial where the squirrel goes up the pant leg of the dentist,, I'm keeping the tuck in kind,, not worth taking chances with the squirrels around here....
Also in the mud, extremely wet days,, I duct tape the top of the boots so no water in..