Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Dank, just go to a bike shop and ask them to get some for you. If there half good they will be able to get them easy.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I'm walking around my house in some SIDI Discovery ATV boots. I got these because I thought they might have dual-purpose use as a comfortable Trials boot and work for single-track & fireroad riding also. Comfortable, they are. But I'm unsure about the protection part, so I haven't gotten them dirty yet. They have a steel toe, but not much ankle support, and the shin guard is considerably smaller than that of my old AXO boots.

I've tried Tech 8s - and hate stiff boots - can't shift or brake well in them - so I'm thinking about keeping the Discoverys. But it's not worth it at the expense of protection. I just don't know how much "real life" difference there is between boots in terms of, say, keeping you from an injury when your foot gets caught between the bike and a large rock or other obstacle.

What do you say? Keep them or upgrade to the Gaerne or SIDI Crossfire?

Jeff
Old 01-23-2011, 06:54 PM

You will have no problem shifting with the gearne's out of the box. I have the sg-10's(second pair), but I think I may try to get a pair of their fastbacks as they still have the leather on the inside. The rubber sides are hard on the bike.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Thanks for all the great replies on the boots. I settled on a pair of TCX, fit was great, the sole looks very good, and the price was right. I did manage to get a ride in with the new boots and fit like a glove. All little stiff at first, but by the end of the day, everything was great.

Thanks for the input!

Rick
I'm going on my third season with Oxtar TCX.....I would buy another pair no prob..as they wear very well....good choice !!

I like the small toe box goes under the shifter nicely and they are comfy as well .....mine have been good in deep water..always dry as a bone...cept in rain where it goes in the top of the boot...they do have a funny smell if you get them wet as they start to dry out....pack newspaper in there if you soak them good

I like SG10s too...but they cost a whole lot more money....but they are still the standard no less
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM

Troy,

Since 5/10 of last year the boots are holding up great, I'd by another pair in a heart beat! Everything is holding up just great!!

Thanks
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM

You probably got your boots by now- however for anyone else looking for boots my 2 cents= I swear by the SIDI top-o-the-line offering. had the SRS force for about 6 years and am now on a pair of crossfires. The sole is quite easy to replace-i went through 2 sets on the force SRS. The boot tops wear like iron.thses boots are also (IMO) the most protective out there.the toe box is slim and the break in period very short.Yes they do cost an arm and a leg- but i need to go to work during the week and feel this is an essential purchase.

"No one expects the spanish inquisition"
2011 GG xc300
GG TXT 321 trials
Guzzi V7