Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default AMA Endurocross Everett Washington

Just got back home from the AMA Endurocross in Everett, Washington.
What a blast to watch live! We had phenomenal seats. Saw John (Hydrodog) there.

Many said it was the toughest round in this years series so far.

Here is the Top 5: Taddy Blazusiak, Geoff Aaron, Gary Sutherlin, Justin Soule', Cory Graffunder .

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 09-12-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:50 AM

Looks like Cody Web didn't run this one - too bad that guy is awesome! He rode his GasGas to the fastest qualifying lap at the INDY endureocross. He was so smooth that he looked much slower than most of the other guys but beat them all including Taddy. He led his heat till the last lap or so where smashed a rock and threw his chain. Cody ran a close second in the semi but only 1st transfers to the main so he had to go to the LCQ which he won. The main started with Cody at the last gate on the outside and he was next to last coming out of the first turn but he quickly worked his way up to 4th before his chain derailed again. Had it not been for the chain coming off I do believe Cody would have finished on the podium because he had caught up to 3rd before his chain problem. What is most impressive about Cody's performance is he ran a heat then a semi then the LCQ and had only 20 minutes before starting the main and had to spend half of that standing on the podium being interviewed by the announcer.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

More Chain Problems with the gaser !

I think I would seriously look into that if I was gasgas . Cody & Nambotin missed opportunities to really highlight gasgas.

It might be more common than we think as steve said , but Taddy isn't having those problems, David knight didnt have those problems . What ever is causing it , Design , or mechanics not going over it good at the races ,I would think it needs to be addressed.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com
Old 09-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggstr6 View Post

I think I would seriously look into that if I was gasgas . Cody & Nambotin missed opportunities to really highlight gasgas.

It might be more common than we think as steve said , but Taddy isn't having those problems, David knight didnt have those problems . What ever is causing it , Design , or mechanics not going over it good at the races ,I would think it needs to be addressed.
There was a 180 degree turn in the rock field with a big rock at the apex. Cody like all the faster riders would plant his inside foot on that rock and do a wheelie turn.
Unfortunately his rear wheel came down hard on the rock and dislodged the chain. I checked my picture of Cody's bike and did not recognize the chain guard he is running. It may be the stock guard for the new 6 days models.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggstr6 View Post
I doubt it's just a Gasser thing. 2 other guy's lost there chains during the races; you should have seen the sparks coming off of Taddy's chain in the rock garden left hand turns.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 PM

I ride a lot in the rocks and I must be pretty hard on chain guides because I wear out a stock gasser guide every 200 hours. However I've never had a derailed chain on a gasser yet in 10 years of riding them so they are good guides.
If derailing chains is an issue in these extreme races the GG teams should do what other teams do - use aftermarket or "custom made" parts. You really don't think those bikes used in pro racing are stock do you?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM

The Washington round of Endurocross was so hot Honda's burst into flames.
This was right in the fire wood pit and It happened almost right away as the night portion got underway. The crowd erupted as track crews ran over with the fire extinguisher and put it out, and the contestant restarted and finished the race.
We all knew the night was gonna be special, and it didn't disappoint.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 09-13-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Endurocross is absolutely the most exciting form of motosports that I've every seen.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
The Washington round of Endurocross was so hot Honda's burst into flames.

Hey! I know Jock Bradley, paddled white water with him. That dude gets around. Nice work as usual, Jock.