Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:13 PM

Default Brake light assembly

Guys, I've been considering a 2010 GG EC300 for a while now. A question I have is regarding the brake light assembly.

All of the photos I've seen of the EC300 show a brake light/license plate extension under the rear fender. I went to the dealer where they had 3 new 2010's and none of them had the brake light/plate extension on it. I was told that it could be added for $100.

Should the EC's come with them as new? Is this something I can add later, as I intend to make the bike street legal for trail hopping.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey28 View Post
Guys, I've been considering a 2010 GG EC300 for a while now. A question I have is regarding the brake light assembly.

All of the photos I've seen of the EC300 show a brake light/license plate extension under the rear fender. I went to the dealer where they had 3 new 2010's and none of them had the brake light/plate extension on it. I was told that it could be added for $100.

Should the EC's come with them as new? Is this something I can add later, as I intend to make the bike street legal for trail hopping.
Bailey: Hard to tell what part of the world you're coming from, but here in the middle part of North America we got the neutered headlight (off/low) and no fender extender/brace/taillight. You might want to consider the Sicass parts I have on my site - clean and simple and they plug right into the stock harness (tied up in the airbox). The kits help you get to "streetable" in three flavors. The good news of course is that both the front and rear brakes come with brake switches installed.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM

Thanks, I will update my location for you guys. The bike I am looking at is in Jacksonville Florida. He has 3 of them, I plan on snagging one on Monday.

I do need the brake light and tag holder for the street; I will check out your website in a second.

I just looked at it, all I need is the brake light assembly. I believe the headlight will be enough to ride with on the street. I don't ride at night and I don't need the turn signals. Headlight, tail light, brake light, mirror are all I need.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 PM

Your headlight should come with all builds and wiring for hi, low, running light although not wire in from factory. Low beam is only think working in USA out of crate.

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC