Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM

Default Setting up my 05 GasGas EC250

I bought a brand new left over 05 GasGas EC250 right after I had bought a used 03 KTM300EXC that needed some work. I will be selling the KTM since the GasGas is still brand new (I only have about 2 hours on it) it also is still under warranty. I competed in a enduro on the KTM last weekend and finished third in the senior C class, I was just happy to finish since I haven't ridden a race like that since 1997 on my 95 KTM300MXC! I really liked the engine on the KTM especially the low end, it got me through some really tight and nasty stuff, it just wouldn't stall and kept chugging along! I would like to get the GasGas set up better for me. I have posted about it here before and haven't tried any of the mods that were suggested yet, I'm waiting to sell the KTM so I will have the extra money. I will try the LTR power valve cover and jet kit, longer shift lever for my size 12 boots also heavier springs front and rear, lower foot pegs and see what that all does for it. I also have the heavier flywheel that I might try and get a smaller front sprocket (12t). Since I did get a decent deal on this I don't mind spending a little to fix it up for my riding style (which is a slow senior C rider and size, 5' 11", 220 lbs. I plan on keeping it for awhile! What I was curious about is has anyone ridden a 03 KTM300 or similar year and compared it to a GasGas EC300? I have heard that the 300 has that similar won't stall low end grunt that the KTM has and I understand all I would need is a cylinder and piston assembly to convert my 250 to a 300? Would it be worth the swap for me if I found a good deal on a 300 kit? Thanks, Ash