Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 AM

Default New to Gas Gas

Hi All ,

I'm New to the Gas Gas community , i have aquired a JT35 trial , non runner , but all there , i think ,

I believe that its a 1995 model , but dont know a lot about them , im new to trials , it has a broken kickstart shaft , which i think was a weak point on this model , i have another complete kickstart shaft , return spring from a kawasaki which i contemplating fitting after opening up the shaft hole in the clutch casing , and obtaining new seal , i would like to open discussion in general on this model wirth anybody that has one or had one , where can i obtain spares ? , UK , and any other useful hint and tips ,

the bike has good compression , not sure on the cooling system , implellar seems OK , although the system is dry when i collected the bike ,

Dont want to waffle on too much at this stage until i know i'm in the right place ,

My name is Alan , i'm been riding bikes all my life , and like to take on projects from time to time ,( money and time Permitting) ,

Anyway ill check back later , thanks

Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 AM

Plenty of trials guys on ADV Riders (trials section) and spend some time on Trials Central, you should find what info you need.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
Plenty of trials guys on ADV Riders (trials section) and spend some time on Trials Central, you should find what info you need.
I was just going to suggest Trials Central. The ADVR guys don't really have much interest in the older bikes (they straight up told me that when I asked about my 1992) but there are some knowledgeable guys there.

Can't help with parts in the UK.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
Hi ,

Thanks for Reply , have checked out Trials Central and got soem good feedback intrest ,

Thanks Again

Tags
jt35 techincal newbee