Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:29 PM

Default Stock '07 bars

I am needing to add handguards to my '07 300 and need to know what kind of bars I have to order clamps for??? Thanks. They are Black and say GG on them.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM

I just put some of the new(?) Cycra Pro Bend CRM (center reach mount) handguards on my '05 MC 250.

http://store.cycraracing.com/ceremo.html

With that arrangement all you have to worry about is the whether they're 7/8" or 1-1/8" because the inner mounts clamp the bars right next to the clamps on the triple in the straight section of the bar. They look to be one of the cleanest and most rigid solutions out there in my opinion. We'll see...

I previously had Moose handguards with some tapered inner clamps for the pro taper type bars, but they always wanted to twist. Me thinks it's just not ideal mechanically to try to clamp anything to a tapered bar.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM

The Hebo bars have a taper angle very close to Pro Tapers. If your going to use a bar clamp type, the best I've used was the notched type (to clear the hoses) with the four M5 bolts. GoFasters used to have them (still do?). That said I agree with rpduc and prefer a different mount setup. That CRM mount looks interesting as long as there is enough straight section next to the bar mount to clamp on. If you have a submount setup or don't run a damper, the Bike Bonz mounts are very nice. I'm returning to a top mount, but having a custom plate made to use the damper with the Bike Bonz.