Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
I have tried to research the cdi that came with the bike, but there is limited info out there that I could find and the part numbers are confusing.

The p/n on the cdi that was in the bike is ee51100ct-clk-1 but all the info I found shows ee51100ct-clb-1 as the stock cdi.

Detonation was definetly and issue and it did also seem to flame out from time to time but being my first 300 and coming off of a flame out king YZ450 I thought it might just be normal.

I am hoping to take the bike out tomorrow for a real ride but everything is day to day right now with all the lock downs in place due to COVID19
I checked my CDI mate.. I have a ee51100ct-clk-1 single dot on the back. Hasn't been updated. I'm going to pull my spark plug for a look.

Also not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but is your engine a 250/300? Update: I see you have a 300.

Have checked the parts fiche and they have listings for the 300 and GP but different part numbers again.

Last edited by Jakobi; 03-27-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Updated

Old 03-27-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I checked my CDI mate.. I have a ee51100ct-clk-1 single dot on the back. Hasn't been updated. I'm going to pull my spark plug for a look.

Also not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but is your engine a 250/300? Update: I see you have a 300.

Have checked the parts fiche and they have listings for the 300 and GP but different part numbers again.
I will snap a photo tomorrow but I think mine has 2 dots on the bottom. So I don't know the cause but that cdi was definitely a problem. I had 3 used cdis to try and 2 of the 3 didnt work well but the third on worked great. Will post a video after its finished uploading. I will get the part numbers from each cdi and post them up tomorrow. So the problem I had with the other two cdis was similar to the clk that was originally in my bike. Bottom end power and response was lacking and the it seemed to have a lean spot where it would detonate 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and at higher rpms regardless of throttle position it sound like it was sputtering or the pv wasnt opening. I figured this last part out because one of the cdis was really really bad with this. Where I had problems before I think is I interpreted both of these symptoms as rich which had me lean out the pilot/a/s which caused detonation so I went richer and it still detonated but was better. I also would go lean on the main to try to get rid of the sputter but it only worked really lean. With the cdi thay ended up working flawlessly did so with stock jetting N1ef 4th position, 42p, 175m.

I dont know why the other cdis werent working as they were left overs from the 2018 race bikes and have been in a bin since 2018..... I am going to ask the shop I work with if I can ship them to them and have them flash them to the most recent map and see how they run in my bike and if they work keep one spare and then sell the spares cheaply to friends in need since I know the 2018 cdi are not readily available.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:52 PM

Have checked the parts fiche and they have listings for the 300 and GP but different part numbers again.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the gp is the same p/n as the xc and ec
Old 03-28-2020, 12:29 AM

Video 1

https://youtu.be/6FvVwv42s4I

Video 2

https://youtu.be/iw9fbSy6eHU
Old 03-28-2020, 01:37 AM

sounds good to me, right?
what do you think,compared to before?
you do have a lovely area to ride!!
i saw a couple more guys that couldn't resist going out? ;-)
Old 03-28-2020, 07:55 AM

Wow! Man, what a friggin' difference, I can't believe it. It sounds so much better now. I compared the new vids to the others and its night and day difference.
Its unbelievable what the CDI swap did to your bike. I am really glad you found the reason. To me it is clear that the CDI was what destroyed the sparks and finally your piston...

I wish I could ride, weather is brilliant but we're under strict lock down
Old 03-28-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
sounds good to me, right?
what do you think,compared to before?
you do have a lovely area to ride!!
i saw a couple more guys that couldn't resist going out? ;-)
Its night and day difference for sure. There were alot of people there for a Friday. Unfortunately I think they are going to shut the parks down soon though.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Wow! Man, what a friggin' difference, I can't believe it. It sounds so much better now. I compared the new vids to the others and its night and day difference.
Its unbelievable what the CDI swap did to your bike. I am really glad you found the reason. To me it is clear that the CDI was what destroyed the sparks and finally your piston...

I wish I could ride, weather is brilliant but we're under strict lock down
Hear in CA we are under what is called shelter in place so we are only allowed to go outside for what they call essential activities. Luckily for me outdoor exercise is considered an essential activity. But because most people are not able to work they flocked to regional and state parks/beaches and were being idiots so they closed all parking lots to most state parks and beachs but because the offeoad community is small we didnt get noticed but I think we will be next be we'll see.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:46 AM

Now that sounds like a much happier two stroke! I'm glad you got it sorted.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 03-28-2020, 10:13 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Now that sounds like a much happier two stroke! I'm glad you got it sorted.
And a much happier rider.