Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Silencer mounts/rubber grommets

Could someone give me an idea where I can find some? I've googled, checked auto stores, and hardware stores, and I can't find any in the size I need. My next port of call will be the local bearing shop.

Anyone got a few spares or a bulk pack they're willing to send out for a few bucks. I'll post up the dimensions later. Its for a FMF turbine core (where it mounts to the subframe)

Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM

what's shipping from the US? I think I actually have a couple but would have to check tomorrow.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the offer Jeff. I have just placed an order for some genuine ones along with a heap of gaskets and other o-rings etc. Easy and cheap enough. Got a spare set for myself too.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM

Where did you end up getting them from Jake? I need new ones as well. The grommets may as well not be there the silencer can rattle and move around so much.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

I just shimmed mine out with a washer for now. I placed an order with motocrosscenter.com and put a couple sets in that order, along with enough gaskets to rebuild the entire engine and a couple more top ends. A few other bits and pieces too. It wouldn't be worth the postage for the gromets alone. I don't know how much OEM in aus is? I couldn't find anything that would fit in bunnings or supercheap. If you get stuck Nathan let me know and I'll send the spare set I ordered down once they arrive.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM

Ordered these through scotties. Had them in stock and cheap too. Pulled the silencer off to install them and that bloody rubber stopper thing on the guard has worn a hole through the silencer casing. Thought the bike was a bit louder last ride. Time to re-pack it anyway, hoping some quik steel will fill the hole and stay there?

Meanwhile I 'fixed' that rubber stopper with the dremel.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC