Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Contingency for GasGas in 2007 for USA?

Is GasGas offering any contingency plan for racing Enduro/Harescrambles in the USA for 2007? Anyone know where I could find the pay schedules if they are offering contingency?

Blanco

Old 05-26-2007, 08:10 AM

Unfortunately the contingency program went away when GasGas changed distribution last year. Until then I was fortunate to recieve support up front since 2001. The program provided $1,500.00 off the cost of the bike plus $500.00 in parts all directly from GasGas and whatever the dealer would offer as a discount. For those that did not qulify for this program there was a payback based upon placement which basically mirrored the Kawasaki contingency program. It is my belief that it will take another gass roots program for GasGas to take hold a grow the business here. The bikes are great but need a dangling carrot to convert and hook riders. Thats my 2 cents.
Dave A
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Unfortunately the contingency program went away when GasGas changed distribution last year. Until then I was fortunate to recieve support up front since 2001. The program provided $1,500.00 off the cost of the bike plus $500.00 in parts all directly from GasGas and whatever the dealer would offer as a discount. For those that did not qulify for this program there was a payback based upon placement which basically mirrored the Kawasaki contingency program. It is my belief that it will take another gass roots program for GasGas to take hold a grow the business here. The bikes are great but need a dangling carrot to convert and hook riders. Thats my 2 cents.
Dave A

Dave A
I'm rooting for the new importers to get a new contingency program in place quick, for selfish reason though. I don't race I just want your old, decrepit, out of date, blue 300.

Tim
Old 05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Site Sponsor

In my opinion: Any chances for a US GasGas contigency program went away when the dealers asked Barrett Marketing Group / Iron Moutain Motorsports (the US importer) and GasGas Spain to lower the prices of the bikes during last years dealer meeting.

I'm dissapointed that there isn't a contigency program this year as well but I understand that you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip (ie BMG and GasGas Spain can only give up so much margin.)

Its probably going to take a little from GasGas Spain, BMG and the dealers to put together a decent program. If all three would give up $100 a piece we could generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in posted contingency.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist