Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Silencer too long & too quiet?! Quiet is good for the sport & my sanity!
Seat is comfy. I'll have to take mine off again(hasn't been off since new 50 hours ago) & check that bolt/seat mount point 'cause yeah as you know it's same as yours & like you say may very well help with seat bolt(which I temember was a bit of a prick to refit).
Tall?! Coming off Italian Huskies these things are like 85s!
Keep any eye on disc bolts as my fronts all came well loose after first ride or 2!
I honestly thought fit & finish aside from seat/tank junction & seat bolt is pretty good. Some odd sized fasteners still though.
It's better than they used to be.

But yeah, I had tank/radiator line clearance issues with the Ptech braces. Fitment of the seat to tank to subframe is less than ideal. Plus you pointed out the subframe isn't inline with the frame... It's just little things.. Not deal breakers, but they are there!

I have an Ital Husky here.. I'll vouch it's even taller again!! Not a problem for giants like you...

Old 01-14-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
It's better than they used to be.

But yeah, I had tank/radiator line clearance issues with the Ptech braces. Fitment of the seat to tank to subframe is less than ideal. Plus you pointed out the subframe isn't inline with the frame... It's just little things.. Not deal breakers, but they are there!

I have an Ital Husky here.. I'll vouch it's even taller again!! Not a problem for giants like you...
That little CR125 would be epic for a grasstrack pony with a whippet like you on it!
I had to file one of the AXP side braces on rad guards a few mm just to clear hose. Easy enough.
I thought tank fitment was good with all the padding they use along backbone etc.

Last edited by shawbagga; 01-20-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

As per another thread. I'd lost a bit of coolant on my break in ride.

Investigation showed that the sealing surface on the radiator had a castling flaw/corrosion in it. Managed to polish it up and drop my old rad cap on.

Seemed to hold pressure mostly, but at times was venting some fluid out the overflow. Checking cold this afternoon it's still over the fins so maybe not too bad now! Both caps are rated 1.8 bar but the 2018 one feels much easier to press the spring in.

Rode some more technical terrain in even wetter conditions today. Got a bit more beat up.. but I think it's mostly my lack of ride fitness.

I think I'm going to go a touch richer on the needle too. She lost balls a bit on extended climbs and really needed a lot of clutch work to keep going.. even then it didn't feel like the clutch was bringing it into the meat of the power..

Later that day I managed to take in a lung full of flowing water.. all the way into the crank cases!! Didn't take too long to clear (crank case drain pulled, spark plug pulled, tipped up on the back wheel and cycled for a bit, with some fuel overflowing out the carb.. and she was off and running.. albeit very shit!! Rode for a few kms thinking it must have been pulling water through the filter still (which I didn't wring out).. only to realise I had the choke on!! Bahahaha..

Anyway, the softer bottom end I spoke of in my last post showed up in the bush today.. I think I'll try and extract some more grunt out of it yet! Other than that very Gas Gas typical.. braaap
Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 PM

Haha I did the same thing on my second or third ride on my brand new WR300 years ago! Ran good for another 400 hours on the same bottom end though!
Old 01-20-2019, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Haha I did the same thing on my second or third ride on my brand new WR300 years ago! Ran good for another 400 hours on the same bottom end though!
I'm pretty sure all of mine have had a crank case full of water at some point their lives.. some multiple times.. My 2010 went swimming in its first couple rides too. Crank was still in spec and running well at 260hrs.

Realistically, the filter should still be doing it's job, and I believe a quality oil holds up much better in this instance too! So as long as the water going in isn't full of abrasives, then as long as you get it out and get the engine back up to temp to get rid of the moisture and allow the oil to coat everything then everything should be fine..

Just have to watch the old hydraulic lock up if you get a heap in the combustion chamber.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:33 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Nothing like drowning your new bike to bond with it.

My 07 toppled over last weekend. Drained about 3litres it seemed from the crankcase bolt and presumably the pipe.

Drowned my 200 within about 1 hour of its first ride.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 01-21-2019, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

I love riding in the mud.. I'd rather drown her than dust her..