Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 08-31-2020, 01:53 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Kuberg Cross hero

One of my grandchildren received a present from her mother (our daughter) the other day. It's a Kuberg Cross hero, an electric children's beginner's bike.

I got the job of unpacking it and putting it together. It's a nice little bike, and somewhat easier to maintain and keep running than a PW80 or similar. It just slips into her mother's Volvo V60, no trailer needed :-)
No oil spillages in the car, no gas, just a charge up and it's ready for next training.

The suspension and brakes are bicycle parts. Hydraulic Tektro disk brakes using mineral oil. The suspension uses air as spring. I think that is a good choice as it should be easily adjustable for the rider's wheight. I have got no suspension pump yet, so it is still too stiff for the rider's 25 kg or so body wheight at the moment.

She has done one MX training so far and is a very happy kid.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc

Old 08-31-2020, 02:29 AM

Good place to start.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:50 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbill View Post
Good place to start.
I agree. Just the right size, too. I was a little worried that it would be too high, but she just touches the ground when sitting on it. It can be height-adjusted by moving the top of the shock, there are two different mounting points. Its now at its lowest setting. You may even take off the seat to make it 6-7 cm lower.

She even manages to pick it up when it lays flat on the ground. That would have been more difficult with a heavier, petrol powered bike.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 08-31-2020, 03:13 AM

Hey Anders,
the best bike I have bought my kids was the e12. So easy to do everything. Only problem ive had is water getting at the battery and short circuiting it. $900 dollars later it had a new battery and was good to go.
Only downfall is going to be at selling time as I dont think the resale will be that good.
JC
Old 08-31-2020, 03:36 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox76y View Post
Hey Anders,
the best bike I have bought my kids was the e12. So easy to do everything. Only problem ive had is water getting at the battery and short circuiting it. $900 dollars later it had a new battery and was good to go.
Only downfall is going to be at selling time as I dont think the resale will be that good.
JC
If it is anything like the oset electric trials bikes resale will be a piece of cake.

Had my boys on oset and the convenience of electric is really awesome, so much so that i wouldn't mind having one. And since i have sold my enduro bike (mainly due to lack of hard riding areas here) the thought of an electric mountain bike has become very appealing