Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 12-08-2020, 09:38 AM

Question Starter Motor ground / mounting bracket

I am having some issues with my starting being temperamental when the bike is cold.
I have read through most of the starter threads on here and although there is a lot of mention about adding extra earth cables etc (as my 20 Ranger had from the factory), there is no mention about the actual starter mounting ground.

The bracket that the starter bolts to is anodized black on my bike, and it looks like nether the 'land' that the motor bolts to or the threads had been masked prior to anodizing... (Anodized surfaces are insulators.. to a degree..)

So i figure that there cant be much of a ground connection there. I have laser etched the anodizing off the surface and ran a tap down the threads to try and take off some of the anodizing.

Unfortunately i am waiting on new gaskets before i can test this, but i am interested to see if anyone else has tried this??

Old 12-08-2020, 12:03 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me. The older bikes did not use an anodized mount. Nice sharp star washers can also be useful (if there's room for them).