Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Powervalve and Pipe 2011 six days 200 questions

HI I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the new 200's should be shipped with a 200 specific pipes as the 2007 bikes did???

Reason I ask is my bike has the same pipe as my 2010 300 does and i have a lean plug with spooge that lubricates my chain! amsoil dominator 50:1 oil is being used. Jetting specs are sea level 38,162, n3wh #3

My other question is about the powervalve thing I have been reading about. Is it possible that someone explain how to properly do the adjusment in laymans terms? the parts fiche doesnt name the pv parts like gmp did in the powervalve thread that went on for 6 pages. I adjusted the allen screw adjuster so tight that the triangle shaped actuater moves stiffly, furthermore I lost quite a bit of overrev and topend. I would like to take the bike apart again today and fix it properly. I was going to buy a feeler guage but I dont know what spring to preload it with as described in that thread. On the allen key adjuster part, I had used the leverage from the allen key to rotate this adjuster towards me creating more tension on the spring(or bell.... part). This is where I think I went wrong, i thought I could adjust out the loose play and create smoother more direct bottom, but went too far.

It felt like the actuater was very tight against the other allen bolt under the small right side pv cover. After this mistake it appears that this adjustment needs to be just right where the play is gone but the actuater plate needs to move easily instead of stiffly.

Can anyone please clarify ??

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Sorry if you did not understand, I thought it was simple enough as others have done it successfully. What I called a bellcrank is part#6 "Impeller Outer Lever". I just used a generic mechanical term that fit instead of the official description, thought it was obvious, sorry if this confused you. Sounds like you went way too far in the adjustment. You likely have way too much preload now. Also verify that you did not cause the balls in the governer to become dislodged.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:55 PM

I did cause one of the balls to come loose when the adjust screw was very loose. I was able to catch it and place it back in the assembly.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try again....