Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Long fast straights between corners? Sounds like the kind of thing the 2T still does well. Point and shoot. Jumping ship to ride a 4T to win a title is ghey! Don't kid yourself..
On hard soil ? 4St were doing the turns one gear up and faster than any 2ST (had no grip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Its all big business. People ride the bike that the company tells them (and pays them) to ride. You go with the company who offers the best package (money, benefits, and bikes). KTM has a nice big budget and by using it to keep the fast blokes riding and winning on orange ensures the average punter recognises the brand as the bikes of champions. Its all just good business.
Cervantes left KTM because they planed to cut down his salary, Cervantes told this himself. They hired Guerrero (had no ride for 2011) because he was much cheaper than Cervantes and because they need a strong player in the Spanish market to boost sales. I think GG took the lead here, Cervantes is #1 in Spain. I'ts true what you said about riders but wouldn't it be easy for Nambo to continue with GG ? 2nd place for him is always assured in E3 as long as there's Knight or Ahola. I think he also resents the fact that all attentions are now focused on Cervantes (maybe the money also ? )
KTM's budget is all in MX, what team would not like to have Ahola, Meo, Salminem ?

Last edited by Vindicator; 10-26-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT Cycle View Post
Someone posted here before that many of Nambo's DNFs were from his personal sponsors and not Gas Gas factory team parts. Not sure if it is true in every case? He was allowed to seek his own personal sponsors ie. chain guide sponsor and suspension supplier. Those two along with the chain he ran on his bike I believe were singled out and not used on the other team members bikes.
Nambotim chain issues were not related to the chain...problem is the chain guide. For some mysterious reason they still use it on Cervantes bike.
Not sure about the suspension though...They both run Ohlins in the rear but Nambo's front suspension is quite different. Not sure if Showa, Kayaba or Ohlins, no sticker from any brand on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT Cycle View Post
As far as Cervantes on 250 2t I think he just couldn't come to grips with the 250 power delivery and tractability. He was a big 250 4t guy when ktm built the dual cam 250 4t mx motor. Then I think he rode a 300 2t. I don't think he was really found of a 250 2t but Nambo was on the 300 so he had few options.
Cervantes won his titles in E1 and E3, he won his indoor title with a 300 but yes, I agree with you, he's not a natural in a 2ST .
The only 2ST that won anything in the past years was a 300 rode by Samuli Aro back in 2008 (if not mistaken), back then he had no match in E3 class - Nambotim quite "fresh" and Tarkalla didn't know what to do with the power of its 525

As much as I love 2 Stokes I have to admit that for equal level riders there's always a slight advantage for the one that rides a thumper. I wish to see Cervantes on a GG 4St, this will put him in the same level as anyone else.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Maybe its time for some R&D on a fuel injected 2T and a new 4T. Ossa just put one out for 2012. I'm anxious to see how it performs....

Maybe this new CEO of Gas Gas knows it's time to up the ante!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadelliott View Post
Maybe its time for some R&D on a fuel injected 2T and a new 4T. Ossa just put one out for 2012. I'm anxious to see how it performs....

Maybe this new CEO of Gas Gas knows it's time to up the ante!
It's the way to go for 2ST to be "environment friendly" but by then easy maintenance is no longer true.
KTM is pretty advanced in that area, they report the injected 2ST consume less fuel than modern 4ST.
For Sure GG won't stay behind.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 AM

GG just hired Laia Sanz , multi-time trial world champion and winner of last year's Dakar Rally in Ladies class. She will compete in trial, enduro and rally raid international championships. Guess this means Ludovine Pui is out of the team ?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Nambotim is going to be riding a 2 stroke with Knight at KTM.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Perhaps GG should send one of their WEC guns here for the GNCC series, like KTM did with Watts, Knight and Salminen.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
GG just hired Laia Sanz ,
Here's Laia #2 and Lulu #1.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Perhaps GG should send one of their WEC guns here for the GNCC series, like KTM did with Watts, Knight and Salminen.
That would be a great move !
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM

Yes, because the goal is to grow the US market, and it would be a factory ride, not the full financial responsibility of our importer. As far as off road in the US goes GNCC is where the most $$ and public exposure is.