Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 04-15-2017, 09:17 AM

Default I need help from someone that has worked on the 45 mm Marzocchi's!

Hey! Today I decided to replace the fork fluid in my 45 mm Marzocchi's but I need zum advice quickly ;( When I took the forks apart it didn't seem to be like it is in the exploded thingy? xD Is the black piece suppose to be on the bottom or the top of the spring?

Someone that has been working on the 45 mm's, please answer! :'(

Look at the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/UxtmX

Old 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM

Nice, now I got one more problem.. The Marzocchi manual says that it should be 90 mm air but in the GasGas manual it says 110 mm....
Old 04-15-2017, 10:57 AM

The black spacer goes at the bottom of the spring. I am not sure about the oil level but I would guess that the gas gas manual is more correct because it relates the bike with those forks. The marzocchi manual would apply to those forks that could be used in many different applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvangeel View Post
The black spacer goes at the bottom of the spring. I am not sure about the oil level but I would guess that the gas gas manual is more correct because it relates the bike with those forks. The marzocchi manual would apply to those forks that could be used in many different applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah you're probably right, I go with 110 mm and start from there ;0 Found another problem (?), not surprised because of the previous shit owners There's a white preload spacer in the top and a black one in the bottom, on one of the forks the white spacer is thicker than the one in the other fork so it doesnt allow the spring to enter the top cap and center itself
Old 04-16-2017, 07:16 AM

I had talked to Les at LT racing 3 days ago about fork oil height in those 45mm Marzocchi's as I have mine set at 100mm and they are pretty firm. Les told me to set them at 120mm. He also said the working range on those forks are from 80mm to 130mm for the fork oil.

When I changed fork seals last year I noticed I had just the black spacer and had about 6mm of free play when the forks top out. I guess I should find the white spacer you have. Also, You need to use 7.5wt fork oil or heavier according to Les and nothing lighter.

Read Post #1 in the link

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=224
Old 04-16-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrt1200 View Post
I had talked to Les at LT racing 3 days ago about fork oil height in those 45mm Marzocchi's as I have mine set at 100mm and they are pretty firm. Les told me to set them at 120mm. He also said the working range on those forks are from 80mm to 130mm for the fork oil.

When I changed fork seals last year I noticed I had just the black spacer and had about 6mm of free play when the forks top out. I guess I should find the white spacer you have. Also, You need to use 7.5wt fork oil or heavier according to Les and nothing lighter.

Read Post #1 in the link

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=224
Great answer! I set mine at 110 but they seem to be a bit stiff so maybe 120 mm is the way to go as you said, I'll have to take it out for a ride and try though! I used Maxima Racing Fork Fluid 7wt, it almost had the same "stats" as the Marzzochi recommended oil
Old 04-16-2017, 11:33 AM

Oil hight comes in to play at the end of the stroke, more oil leaves less air to be compressed. But it has litle affect in the beginning of the stroke

EC 250 2001, FSE 450 2004
Old 04-17-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngvim View Post
Oil hight comes in to play at the end of the stroke, more oil leaves less air to be compressed. But it has litle affect in the beginning of the stroke

EC 250 2001, FSE 450 2004
Agreed to a point. On most forks I agree 100% and I believed that to be true as well until I talked to Les. He said with the Marzocchi's & 7.5wt oil you will actually feel a difference right from the start. I'm not a suspension guy and he is so I will take his word on it.