Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Long time no posts folks.... think I may have done mine a mischief today.

Getting a screw out my hand and some tidy up work done tomorrow, so nipped out after work for a hour.... popped over an inclined rock I've done lots of times, nice wee kicker.... landed and the bars collapsed forward, banking straight after, tried to recover and gas up.... almost looped it! Thought I'd caught the wheelie but had to bail at the top and jumped off. Wasn't going hard and the bike and I didn't land too hard on some softish ground.

Got home and set about straightening everything up and noticed this....

Is this bent, or just shifted? Anyone else done this before?

Copped a shed load from the mrs as well for going out night before my op.... this was another kick in the baws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-07-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDB View Post
Rode support for wifey at the Visserhoek Funduro here in South Africa on her modified txt125. She rode some proper tough stuff. Plenty loose rocks. Steep climbs and descents. https://youtu.be/jc-wGjeA5mA

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
That 250 4 stroke yammy tractors pretty good...
Old 06-13-2017, 03:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

On Saturday I did a local race in very muddy / slippery conditions. It had rained rather heavily for 3 days, but on race day it stopped early in the morning. As I am always at the lower part of the results, I am quite happy with ending as 13 out of 18 in my class. We were 3 from my club in the above 50 class, ending as 11, 12 and 13. I crashed (slow speed, but hard impact to the bike, no injuries of any kind to me) at least three times. One time I flipped the bike so it ended upside down, front wheel pointing against the race direction, the two others I tried to climb a steep rocky edge with a very muddy and slippery entry, ended on my side both times. The Bulletproof Design radiator guards saved my left radiator this time, but even the guard had to be straightned afterwards (yesterday). I also destroyed one one the plastic fork guards. Luckily I have fork guards in stock. If time allows today, I will drop by my importer and get a fork guard decal, straighten the radiator slightly and put it all back together.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 06-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Rode support for wifey at the Visserhoek Funduro here in South Africa on her modified txt125. She rode some proper tough stuff. Plenty loose rocks. Steep climbs and descents. https://youtu.be/jc-wGjeA5mA

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Good job! She's quite the rider.

RB
Old 06-13-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
That 250 4 stroke yammy tractors pretty good...
I agree. GasGas had a winning recipe with these EC250F's
I love my bike!
Old 06-13-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
Good job! She's quite the rider.

RB
Thanx man.
Yea she is really getting into it now. Should be a lot easier for her once we have her on the new GasGas Contact 250 ES.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 AM

I bought a fly wheel for my 144 in Italy at www. Enduropuro.it
I bought it Tuesday and had it delivered today. Only 3 days from Italy to Germany. That's great.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I entered the Impi Hard Enduro this past weekend www.theimpi.co.za (i only did bronze and it wasn't so hard once you got the hang of riding rocks ... big ones, little ones, hidden ones, planted ones, ones that looked planted but weren't etc)

here are a few pics of the scenery and the rocks

Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 AM

Nice!
The guys report that is was a tough event! Well done.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Nice!
The guys report that is was a tough event! Well done.
I only did bronze and myself (and some others i spoke to) felt it could have been a bit harder/longer or they could have made silver a bit easier (or more flowing).
I couldn't get a good rythym on friday (i did the longer bronze route, and because i could not get my swazi phone to connect to data started in the last group so i had some long bottlenecks) so finished late and didn't feel like riding silver. My buddy that did do silver spent hours in a bottleneck going up a tough bike-breaker climb with no flow to it. he decided not to do silver the next day because of that

the shorter saturday loop had some nice climbs (so a technically more difficult route) and by then i had mastered the art of riding those egg-box sections of rocks and had a blast but it was too short (37km - 2hrs riding) and with silver being 80% of the previous day's loop in reverse i suspected it would have the same bottlenecks (and it did)

Not sure about next year, but all in all it is nice to ride somewhere new

Last edited by swazi_matt; 06-23-2017 at 11:30 PM.