Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 09-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default When not riding the GG...

Had the last set of track days at the Ridge/ for '14 last weekend and had a great time ripping around that circuit.

This is a quick clip from going out in the afternoon A group to play with a few buds on their S1000RRs and a fellow instructor on his R1.

Such an awesome venue; nothing like 170+ down the front straight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqhe2A-UTn4

Old 09-10-2014, 06:34 PM

Fun time. It looks like you were running a 2:02 lap time, not too bad for a Ninja 250. Or even an older 600, like mine.

Just funning.

Come on out and watch the races on the 27th. I'll be there on my 1987 CBR600 fighting for a championship.* Plus the WMRRA crowd is a good group of folks to hang out with. I am going to improve my lap times from 2:02 to 2:00 (or 1:59, if I catch a good draft). of course, I only have about 40 laps around the track, I should be getting faster as I increase my lap count. I have a dozen years at Pacific, and exactly two sprint races and an endurance race at the Ridge. So yeah, I should be slow at the Ridge.

*So far I'm the only legal bike in the class, and I have the most points anyway. One more win will seal the championship.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Come on out and watch the races on the 27th. I'll be there on my 1987 CBR600 fighting for a championship.*
That's awesome man! Post a shot of your '87; I "grew up" riding all the various iterations of the Honda CBR 600, enjoyed the heck out of an '89 and fondly remember the days of the Hurricane Had a great yellow F4i that unfortunately went through the trees (my fault - bad street crash), moved to a RC51 after that, but owned several RRs for track bikes (and my wife's too).

I'm supposed to be out in the woods camping the weekend of the 26th, so unable to attend (not to mention it's a decent trek from home).

Good luck with wrapping up the championship; that's frickin' awesome!
Old 09-11-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
That's awesome man! Post a shot of your '87; I "grew up" riding all the various iterations of the Honda CBR 600, enjoyed the heck out of an '89 and fondly remember the days of the Hurricane Had a great yellow F4i that unfortunately went through the trees (my fault - bad street crash), moved to a RC51 after that, but owned several RRs for track bikes (and my wife's too).

I'm supposed to be out in the woods camping the weekend of the 26th, so unable to attend (not to mention it's a decent trek from home).

Good luck with wrapping up the championship; that's frickin' awesome!
Stand by, I'll post one from home later tonight.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:32 PM

Yes out in the woods on this side of the mountain.

Good luck pscook on wrapping it up.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:47 PM

The outdoors will be there the following weekend, this is the last weekend of the season. Mother Nature can wait!

Thanks for the well wishes. Here's a shot of the beauty queen in her finest at the track.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Here's a shot of the beauty queen in her finest at the track.
Sweet!

I like the semi-Italian paint scheme - anything behind those colors? I bet she likes to move around as you're braking into T2, crazy how flexible those old chassis were

Keep the sticky side down this weekend and enjoy ripping around the track; hope you're able to cruise to the championship

On an unrelated note, Phaeton - is riding still open in your neck of the woods (ie China Hat)? Everything is closed here due to fire restriction
Old 09-12-2014, 12:38 PM

Yes China hat is open along with Cline Buttes.

Are you going to the China hat Campout Husqvarna/gasgas on the weekend of the 25th?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Are you going to the China hat Campout Husqvarna/gasgas on the weekend of the 25th?
I didn't know about it; is it a local club event from Bend, or something organized by a dealer there?

I'm supposed to be hanging with a group of guys at McCubbins for an annual guys' weekend we've been doing the last 14 years, but I have serious doubts that it will reopen before that weekend.

My other thought was to move things to Gifford, but China Hat might be an option too. The only caveat is the group of guys going is a mix of non-riders and riders; don't want it entirely focused on riding (the last 14 years has been at various campground on the coast - so just camping).

Hmmm...have to think about it.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 PM

Story behind the paint - The previous owner bought a new set of leathers. Cheap and in the right size. Green only. So, he melded the red and green between the Honda bike and Kawi leathers, and the white is for the number plates (white background with black numbers).

We call it the Mucho Muchacho Racing team. If you give it a second, you can hear La Cucaracha playing softly in the background.